Gccg Championships 2009 (Planning)

Events taking place on online platforms
wigy

Apparently are most likely held on September 11-13. We start the event with the qualifying lottery of FWSLC for 2010 Soccer World Cup. More information coming soon. Some time consumption realated changes might be coming to the rules, if i get time to finalize some code changes in the server. Nevertheless, you can start building your classic 2-deck general-cheeze now. That's not going to change.
Last edited by wigy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manuel
Council Chairman

Good! Maybe I should start training as well :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'm not much good for 2-deck general cheeze. Can I go with my 2-deck standard crappiness instead? :)
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:I'm not much good for 2-deck general cheeze. Can I go with my 2-deck standard crappiness instead? :)
As long as it is FW saru, then it will be ok :D
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Count me out, I have other objections in that weekend... aka a birthday and such.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Manuel wrote:Good! Maybe I should start training as well :)
Definately. If you need a sparings partner let me know.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Manuel
Council Chairman

Only thing I am wondering is: 11th september is friday, and we used to do GCCG champs on saturday and sunday. Will we be playing the 3 days, or is it just that it would be more accurate to say that we will be playing on saturday and sunday only?
wigy

Manuel wrote:Only thing I am wondering is: 11th september is friday, and we used to do GCCG champs on saturday and sunday. Will we be playing the 3 days, or is it just that it would be more accurate to say that we will be playing on saturday and sunday only?
I guess lottery and drinking and training on Friday and playing on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe some foolish "Winners of FWSLC vs. Cheeze" event. :)
wigy

*Deleted duplicate crap*
Last edited by wigy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
wigy

I am planning the following informal event for Friday:

Top 4 FWSLC players vs 4 Minion Challengers Cup.

I am taking 4 players from FWSLC league (highest personal score decide if more than 4 willing to play, second team final position, third personal ranking). I take also 4 volunteering Minion players (personal ranking decides if more than 4 willing to play) to challenge winning decks - which can be boosted one more time after final games. Format is single elimination cup:

F1 - M4
F3 - M2
> semi-finals > finals
F2 - M3
F4 - M1

Participans are getting one extra SA2010 minilottery, which gives one final lottery ticket to the lottery-winner. Rewards are 15 tickets distributed as the following:

1. 4 tickets
2. 3 tickets
3.-4. 2 tickets
5.-8. 1 ticket

The lottery is held right after the tournament. Registration for both FW and Minion parts are required.

I'll bring special rules for FWSLC Minion Challengers: otherwise normal 2-deck but no FW-sideboard and also no WH-hazards allowed in main deck.
wigy

*Deleted duplicate crap*
Last edited by wigy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

we got the idea :D

I volunteer as minion player depending on the time of the challenge. At wich time do you plan to make it?
wigy

marcos wrote:we got the idea :D

I volunteer as minion player depending on the time of the challenge. At wich time do you plan to make it?
I guess we have to start around 18-19GMT at the latest with ~2h rounds. Also, now when thinking, i think lottery better do just before main event :P If i have to drink till 3-4AM i can't guarantee correctness of lottery procedure.
wigy

Of course, we use here "extra time" as well: if score is tied after council, both players play one more round and another council is held. Repeat as many time as needed.

Another thing to note: the idea is to get also drunk according to each players' capabilities - this is not too serious. It is mainly for people who has lost in FWSLC and can give now some payback!
marcos
Council Member

wigy wrote:
marcos wrote:we got the idea :D

I guess we have to start around 18-19GMT at the latest with ~2h rounds. Also, now when thinking, i think lottery better do just before main event :P If i have to drink till 3-4AM i can't guarantee correctness of lottery procedure.
at 19 GMT i will certainly play :)

Return to “Online Tournaments”