Agenda Item 2009/10: Updated Webpage

marcos
Council Member

I suggest we update the CoE webpage or make a completely new one (with updated info)

Thoughts?
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Oh yes. We should either update the news from time to time or just make general statements that stay up to date. Who is the webmaster?
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
marcos
Council Member

is it M. Alfano?
or maybe the other admins from this forum, Steffen Lutter or Josh Hunholz?
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

all of the names should have access to the boards and be able to make changes. i recommend to contact steffen, usually he is very quick.

problem is, we never had a COE webmaster within the COE. the ressources of josh and mark seem to be very limited, and steffen is willing to do some work when asked.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Personally I don't see why the CoE website should be renewed, updated sure but it seems generally okay still to me. Anything specific you're missing on it, Marcos? do you find it looks outdated?

I guess general admin status for CoE members is not bad in itself, but a single webmaster is better. If we don't assign this to a CoE member, Steffen does good work for this board and is always quick to reply, in fact it's better to have a non-member do it, to pool resources and assure more continuity. Just submit a text to him and it should work out fine, or do we suspect changes in the CoE page on a daily basis?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Personally I don't see why the CoE website should be renewed, updated sure but it seems generally okay still to me. Anything specific you're missing on it, Marcos? do you find it looks outdated?

I guess general admin status for CoE members is not bad in itself, but a single webmaster is better. If we don't assign this to a CoE member, Steffen does good work for this board and is always quick to reply, in fact it's better to have a non-member do it, to pool resources and assure more continuity. Just submit a text to him and it should work out fine, or do we suspect changes in the CoE page on a daily basis?
I just find it outdated, yes.

"News" talks about worlds 2009 in Barcelona, current members are out of date as well, major decisions don't mention anything about the proxy rule and the removal of the qualifier round at worlds and projects don't mention anything about ARDA. That is what i could find so far.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”