Erratum Proposal: Cards Playable On Automatic Attacks

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
marcos
Council Member

for now i can also think on ruse and more sense than you.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:for now i can also think on ruse and more sense than you.
I assume you mean the strike assignment part of ruse?
marcos
Council Member

of course
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Also Helm of Her Secrecy in the case of Nazgûl Auto-Attacks, Motionless Among The Slain, Adunaphel Unleashed, and Gold Chains In The Wind.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

About the playtesting thing: IIRC we have decided (or wanted to?) that every new errata issued by the CoE shall be playtested for some time (half a year?) before it will become really official. If it fails the playtesting phase the errata will be withdrawn then. I think we should add something like this to the newly rewritten charta.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

One of the worst things you can do to any process is drag it out longer than a couple of months. Usually, that turns it into a slow death. Half a year is overkill on playtesting if you're serious about it. If you're not serious about it, why bother?
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:One of the worst things you can do to any process is drag it out longer than a couple of months. Usually, that turns it into a slow death. Half a year is overkill on playtesting if you're serious about it. If you're not serious about it, why bother?
I agree with Ben on this one. Two months seems more than enough.
miguel
Ex NetRep

So can we make this a package deal? It would be silly to change the rules regarding auto-attacks, while leaving the cards with multiple effects thingie hung out to dry.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Sounds fine.
When facing an automatic attack, you may only play resources that state they are playable on an attack or strike or a character/company facing such. You may not play such a resource if it specifies it may not be played on automatic attacks. When facing an attack created by a card with multiple effects, you may only play resources that state they are playable on an attack or strike or a character/company facing such.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

miguel wrote:
So can we make this a package deal?
Sounds ok. You hinted this would be "a big change with some ramifications", but I have not seen those personally.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:You hinted this would be "a big change with some ramifications", but I have not seen those personally.
(i) changes in facing automatic-attacks need to be applied to facing attacks from cards with multiple effects as well
(ii) these changes will create (new/old) decktypes that currently do not work (Sojourn in Shadows active RW)
(iii) they will also alter the way people can get past some requirements to get MPs (cards affecting strike assignment vs. Smoke on the Wind)
(iV) they will overturn digests directly regarding the matter
(v) they will affect the interpretation of related rulesmatters (what's playable in the strike sequence)
(vi) anything else that might come up in playtesting

Those seem like pretty big changes to me, but I do think this is good for the game.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

ok, I can see that from the perspective of a rulesmeister this would seem like a big change :D

Well Akhorahil was already Sojournying his way through middle earth, now he can misguide some Hobbits at Bag End, great!, Some more active RW's is not a bad thing. Motionless Among the Slain on Smoke on Wind, sounds like a real navy seals operation :D
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “CoE Rules & Errata Community Proposals”