Introduce yourself

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Still an impressive memory, considering all those drinking games probably! :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Pentaar

Thanks...rollercoaster, man...drinking game, rehab, drinking game, rehab...;)
Gets you back in shape to remember all these things...or maybe its just the love for the game.

I do remember the one drinking game we played in Cologne during the Worlds.
Tom destroyed several versions of Bilbo and Frodo by using them as a beer mat during the tournament.

Keeping in mind that Patrick already back then collected all Bilbos and Frodos he could get his hands on (propably he already earns 10k of each today:)), you can imagine that he was not amused :twisted:

Good times...!
The bigger they are, the harder they fall...
rezwits
Council Member

Hello MECCGers,

I am a long time ICE collector, and LOTR fan, from 1985 - 1995, until stock dried up in my local area and the internet was very young. I did other things back then and the last product I saw was a Lidless Eye Gold Starter Deck Box a friend bought, I said whoa! I started playing Magic mostly and a little VTES. Now that the internet and eBay are in FULL effect, I feel it's time I can fully build and rebuild my collection from scratch, the one I always wanted back in my mind. It may seem like a long time, but I always knew I would get into this game due to the fact that I was going to get old and you can totally play solitaire, which I love. I am building an ever evolving cheat sheet that I find very useful but from time to time I just find places where the rules are old or can be read two different ways. So far, I have solved most of my rule problems with google searches, except a couple that I can't remember right now. Having this resource will be a great solution for when internet searches fail.

Hope to chat more in the future!!!

Laters...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Burlane

Hello everyone!

Well met travelers! All the way from Newfoundland, Canada here. I started playing MECCG when the game was first introduced in 1995. From 1995 to 2000 I manage to collect full players sets of Wizards, Dragons and Minions. I also managed to get my Lidless Eye players set almost complete as well, until the cards ran dry in my area.

Lately me and some friends have re-booted our interested in MECCG. Finding this forum for us is a gold mine. Playing this game brings back so many memories, so you can imagine how happy I was to find a community that still thrived on discussing this game! Also, I am very excited to learn more about tournaments that may be happening! I travel alot for work, and it takes me all over the world so if any tournaments are happening while I travel I would love to visit.

I'll be looking forward to meeting most of you, and discussing decks. I also have some cards for trade, not many, and I'm looking mostly for Lidless Eye cards these days. I may also be in the market to purchase a full set of Against the Shadow.

By all means feel free to message me and chat, or if you have a full set of Lidless Eye or Against the Shadow you want to sell , by all means let me know!

Cheers,
Burlane
Liber

Hi all,

I have been collecting and playing Middle Earth CCG since it first came out with The Wizards. I was part of the Card of the Day group under the same name for a while back in the Dragon days for a while, I had to drop when I moved to another state and had no internet connection.

I have not had any players in my area, Fort Worth Texas, so it has not been possible for to play. If you are in my area and looking to play, let me know. I am pretty knowledge about the rules, have a massive collection of cards, and am do what I can to help keep the game alive.

If anyone has a project going on that needs help, contact me. I have a strong background in graphics both 3d and 2d forms. I also have a backround in editing and play testing.

Regards,
Todd
Mohi

Hello,

I'm a french player, located in Normandie. I played MECCG since the beginning (Wizards), always in solo, because I've no partners. I stopped in 2000, after the Balrog expansion (I could buy the two decks, fortunately ^^). Since one month, I rediscover the game and my cards. I made some researches on the web, and here I am ! This forum is a big discovery for me. I'd never thought that there was a so active communauty. I'm very interested by the alternate formats, especially the arda game. I also saw the dream cards, wich seem great.

Romain
Liber

I would play against you, if it wasn't for the pond.

I'm in Texas and I am in the same boat as you, I am feeling the old passion for this really great game I forgot was so amazing.

Todd
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Mohi wrote:Hello,

I'm a french player, located in Normandie. I played MECCG since the beginning (Wizards), always in solo, because I've no partners. I stopped in 2000, after the Balrog expansion (I could buy the two decks, fortunately ^^). Since one month, I rediscover the game and my cards. I made some researches on the web, and here I am ! This forum is a big discovery for me. I'd never thought that there was a so active communauty. I'm very interested by the alternate formats, especially the arda game. I also saw the dream cards, wich seem great.

Romain
If you have such great interest, you should check out LURE of MECCG. Its a long weekend of MECCG related stuff, various formats and lots of fun. Its located in western Germany. More info will be posted in time.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Mordan

Yes Lure is the place to go for MECCG.

It was my first time last year and it was great! There is quite a few french speaking players as well. (including me)
traemyn

Hi all,

I bought a box of Wizards cards in 2000 I believe. Loved the cards but never got around to playing it. I played the TCG online (Decipher) but always wanted to come back to MECCG at some point.

I just got SVN/GCCG up and running so if there is anyone willing to sit through a few playthroughs and show me the ropes, let me know!

Thanks
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

just drop in and I show you the ropes and hooks
thenamelessthing

Hi! My name is Patrick Gagne. I'm from Quebec city,Canada. I'm playing the game around since 1997 with my friend Guillaume Soucy. During the last 15 years I gather some new players. But now, we are the only 2 who was still in love with the game. For us, the game is very special. Beautiful artwork, deep enough rules/strategy concept. It's our "precious". :twisted: If I have to select only one ccg it will be this one...

We have used some website to share our love of this game like ebay, meccg.net chriscable, tradecardsonline,etc. I also worked on a deluxe promomap.

If you want to contact me you can use this walk path: [-me_bl-] [-me_fd-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_fh-] or if you prefer gtalk or msn.

Cheer!
My haves/wants are here: https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 124&t=4397

Join Meccg discord server at: https://discord.gg/EFqBJmT

Join Meccg (Canada FR & EN) Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/meccgquebec
silarkhar

Bonjour / hello,
My name is Mickael. I'm 32 years old and I live in Metz (France) near the frontier with the Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany. I have discovered the MECCG in 1996-97 but I have started my collection with the lidless eye in 1999. After a few number of card games alone (didn't find any volunteer for MECCG), my cards were in my attic since 2001. I have also played Magic and the five rings ccg. But I'm mainly a RPG player and boardgames.
Now, I'm playing LoTR LCG (FFG) with a friend and that gave me the lure to retry MECCG. So, it's a new beginning for me. I have so much things to discover : the arda game, gccg... and maybe one day : the drinking game ! :D

A bientôt :wink:
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Well, its not too far for LURE for you. So start planning that for lotsa MECCG AND a drinking game :D
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
silarkhar

Maybe... if my wife agrees with it !

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”