VII. GCCG Nations Cup 2013 (Planning/Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Alter Tuk wrote: We dont take it that serious. If somebody cant play for any reasons we delay the tournament. Im sure everybody is willing to play in time and at least tries.

The official deadline is Sunday.
why even have official deadlines if it's not serious or a hard and fast deadline? Just let everyone finish at their own pace?
Manuel
Council Chairman

Sauron wrote:
Alter Tuk wrote: We dont take it that serious. If somebody cant play for any reasons we delay the tournament. Im sure everybody is willing to play in time and at least tries.

why even have official deadlines if it's not serious or a hard and fast deadline? Just let everyone finish at their own pace?
Brian, do you plan on whining about something every year?
www.meccg.com
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i am with brian here. we really should try to stick to the schedule and avoid a situation like in the FWSLC.
marcos
Council Member

thorondor wrote:i am with brian here. we really should try to stick to the schedule and avoid a situation like in the FWSLC.
same here
Muad'Dib

Of course schedule is important and we should try to stick with it. But sometimes something can happen and delay 1-2 days for me its not big problem. I think we all try to play all as soon as possible, nobody wants to wait 2 weeks for next round.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Manuel wrote:
Sauron wrote:

Brian, do you plan on whining about something every year?
Manuel, it's not whining, I'm looking for clarification from the tournament organizer here. Which hasn't happened. If we're not going to follow tournament policy or have a policy in place to handle this situation, what am I as a tournament player supposed to do?

I'm not saying the deadline has to be exactly 1 week, I'm looking for clarification. With no other information to go by, I have to go by what's listed in the tournament rules Manuel. Unless you'd prefer to play without any kinds of rules Manuel. The tournament rules set an even playing field for everyone.

I'm just looking for a ruling here. I'm okay with whatever is decided, but it should apply to everyone. If it's acceptable to delay for a day or two, that's fine. I just want it to be equally applied to everyone. I'm just trying to keep things on track, I don't want another FWLSC delayed tournament, like others that have mentioned.

And as others have mentioned, I'm not alone in this thought process.

Also this has a direct impact on my game. As my opponent has asked to play on Sunday, but won't find out if they're working until Thursday or Friday. So if I find out on Friday they're working this weekend, what am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to do as a tournament player, when no rule or policy is in place?
emux

maiatris - emux 3-3 (31-31)
Beornd

Manuel, it's not whining, I'm looking for clarification from the tournament organizer here. Which hasn't happened. If we're not going to follow tournament policy or have a policy in place to handle this situation, what am I as a tournament player supposed to do?

I'm not saying the deadline has to be exactly 1 week, I'm looking for clarification. With no other information to go by, I have to go by what's listed in the tournament rules Manuel. Unless you'd prefer to play without any kinds of rules Manuel. The tournament rules set an even playing field for everyone.

I'm just looking for a ruling here. I'm okay with whatever is decided, but it should apply to everyone. If it's acceptable to delay for a day or two, that's fine. I just want it to be equally applied to everyone. I'm just trying to keep things on track, I don't want another FWLSC delayed tournament, like others that have mentioned.

And as others have mentioned, I'm not alone in this thought process.

Also this has a direct impact on my game. As my opponent has asked to play on Sunday, but won't find out if they're working until Thursday or Friday. So if I find out on Friday they're working this weekend, what am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to do as a tournament player, when no rule or policy is in place?
We dont take it that serious. If somebody cant play for any reasons we delay the tournament. Im sure everybody is willing to play in time and at least tries.

I totally agree with you - FWSLC should be the last tournament ever in that way ´- BUT It´s not what you say (write), its how you say (write) AND martin made a decision.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Beornd wrote:I totally agree with you - FWSLC should be the last tournament ever in that way ´- BUT It´s not what you say (write), its how you say (write) AND martin made a decision.
Oh this has been the pleasant side Beornd, you should see the other side ;) I'm not going to sugar coat anything I say. If I have something to say about something, you will know exactly how I feel about.

I'm sure most people know I feel that most tournaments are organized and run poorly. I'm a more competitive player than alot of people, I don't like how the tournament scene has turned into a casual thing. It's supposed to be a tournament, not a Sunday afternoon hanging out with the friends.

Was that the official policy Beornd, it seems more like just an off the cuff remark. Regardless if that's the official policy then that's fine. But it should be added to the rules section for the tournament.

It's good to know if my opponent works this weekend, I won't have to worry about fitting the game in.
Muad'Dib

AgusBalin - Muad'Dib 4:2 (38-36)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Balin vs Pawel 4-2 (38-36)

Close and cool game :)
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Manuel
Council Chairman

Manuel - Thorin81 31:20 (5-1)
www.meccg.com
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

peregrin - thorondor: 5-1
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

I think I clarified things. We simply play the way as it worked out six times before.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
donepi

Donepi - logain: 6-0

A sad game, logain got problems with the interface and with the deck registration, so he played his chars wrong and played the wrong hazard part. It seems he was confused with the /rd & /rd2 commands, he didnt create two decks, just created one, registered, modify the hazard part and register again. He didnt create two decks.

So he wanted to surrender when he realized what happened, after a couple of turns. I asked him to try playing, and he did, but surrendered in fifth turn.

Two weeks waiting to play and thats what happened. Really sad :cry:

Return to “Online Tournaments”