Introduce yourself

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
elessar_ii

The name is Kary.

I started playing MTG in 94 and stumbled across METWsoon after it's release when looking through a Scry Magazine. My brother then bought some cards and gave me some for Christmas. We ordered and split a box of boosters of wizards, then a box of Dragons, then a box of Minions. A few years later I bought a MELE starter deck just before Tolkien Enterprises withdrew the license. I found GCCG a couple of years ago but haven't played many games on there. I have only played against my brother, my wife, and a handful of others. I love to play but am no where near tournament level. Any advise is welcome just don't be offended if i don't always follow it.

elessar_ii
Technetium

Hi, I'm Justin. I started playing this game when it originally came out, but did not invest much time in it since I was trying to play Magic competitively at the same time. A few years after the game had been released, it seemed harder to find people who play, mostly due to the time needed to play a game in comparison to other CCGs. I had a friend in the early 2000s who showed me that it was possibly to buy boxes of the first couple sets online for around $20 a box, which seemed pretty hard to resist. So I have quite a few cards now although there are still a few I don't have and can't find anywhere.

I currently play only with my brother. We are not at all what would be considered good players. Even recently we sometimes discovered we've been playing some rule incorrectly for years. I have recently been looking up decks online to find out what we've been doing wrong all these years. It is difficult to find decks that are compatible with our play style, though, because we do not play with sideboards, and it seems all the decks involve sideboard manipulation cards like Smoke Rings and Longbottom Leaf (I have neither of these cards anyway). Without sideboards and those cards, playing the game should be quite different since you must rely on actually drawing the cards and that means much longer games.
Melenamarth

Hello everyone,

I first picked up this game somewhere in the early 2000's, probably right around the time it stopped being made. Never played much, as it was a bit complex for me, and I had only a few people to play with. Later on I picked up some lidless eye as well, and played with that a bit, but the cards have lain unused in my drawer for nearly ten years, I'd hazard.

Thanks to a friend expressing an interest in playing again, I've taken them out again. Played a few games with the limited selection of cards I still had (and hadn't lost), so we decided to get our hands on some more cards. My friend was so kind as to procure some boxes of the Dragons and Dark minions, but neglected to include any The Wizards cards. Hoping to get those sometime soon....

Anyway, I'm Melenamarth, from the Netherlands, interested mainly in casual play/thematics (although I do enjoy mercilessly destroying my opponents companies/strategies as well). I might take a look at arda, seems like fun as well.
Mordakai
Council Member

Hi there:

My name is Alvaro, from Spain. I started playing this game since the very beginning, but due to the cancelation of the game in late 90's my group and I stopped around 2000 (also real life had something to do with it).
I discovered GCCG last year and managed to recover my interest in the game, as well as the group (and the cards!). The great success in this issue has been gathering the group in this year's Worlds in Barcelona. We are more or less active in GCCG and looking forward to enjoy the envorinment of the game almost 20 years after those days.

it's nice to see that the Council has managed to survive till now and is still active. Keep up the good work.

Alvaro
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Lake Town Geezer

Hi,

I am Lake Town Geezer (aka Chris) a collector of this great game, mainly (since the start). Based in the UK, happy to hear from anyone still wanting to trade cards and also generally interested in the game.
Jerbot

Hi all,
I am Jeremy, I played and collected from the beginning, but faded out after Lidless Eye. I recently got my collection back out and am relearning the game and teaching a few others to play too. I live in the US in Michigan. I am hoping that people are still active playing the game, and that I manage to make it to a few events sometime soon. I have tons of holes in my collection, so trading is something i am very interested in!
Loupgris

Hello,

I joined after a website's owner selling cards linked me to this place (www.mathon.es). I'm not a newcomer to this game, which I played a lot back in the 90's. With a group of friends, we got nearly the whole collection, but the friend which was holding the cards gave them away a few years after we stopped playing regulary. When my brother and I stumbled into a full set of cards for cheap, we dcided to try to get again enough cards to play some games and scenarios (nothing competitive, since for example we are against influencing other players' cards, so every unique card is never seen in any other decks. This way, if I play my aragorn, no others players will have a card he can't play).

For the sake of playing scenarios and such, I'm looking for a visual of the cards of Hands of the Healers, if anyone got that. I read on those forums about the two expansions that were planned after the Balrog, but couldn't get if they had been made into virtual / paper ones like Hands of the Healers and the Northern Wastes or not. We played a lot with those from the Northern Wastes and would welcome sites like those.

So here I am.
Loupgris

Thanks you to those who sent me the file ;-)

As I am here, does anyone has the translation of the german-exclusive promo card ? With google translate I'm not sure I understand them correctly.
Darksatin

Ringil
Legendary(Greater) Item
MP 2(4)
(+1)(+5)/+1
CP 2(3)
Text: Unique. Hoard item. Weapon. +1 body. Warrior only: +1 prowess (to a maximum of eight). A stored Reforging may be placed with this item to "restore" it. Once restored, Ringil gives 4 MP, 3 CP and +5 prowess (to a maximum of 11).

Horn der Herausforderung (Horn of Defiance)
Legendary(Greater) Item
MP 1(3)
+2 DI
CP 1(2)
Text: Unique. Hoard item. +2 direct influence. A stored Reforging may be placed with this item to "restore" it. Once restored, Horn der Herausforderung gives 3 MP and 2 CP. If its bearer is the first to face a strike, that character may choose to face all strikes of an attack The character faces a separate strike sequence for each strike.

Belegennon
Legendary(Greater) Item
MP 2(4)
-/+1
CP 2(3)
Text: Unique. Hoard item. Armor. +1 body (to a maximum of 9). A stored Reforging may be placed with this item to "restore" it. Once restored, Belegennon gives 4 MP and 3 CP. Warrior only (restored): If bearer chooses not to tap against a strike, he receives no prowess penalty.

Schwertmeister (Swordmaster)
Resource Permanent Event
MP 1
Text: Sage only. Playable on an untapped sage at an untapped site where Information is playable during site phase. Tap the site and the sage. Gives the sage warrior skill. If the sage is already a warrior, he can use two weapons (both modifiers count). If he uses two weapons, he can't use a shield. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.

Zwergenaxt (Dwarven Axe)
Major Item
MP 2
+2(+3)/-
CP 2
Text: Weapon. Warrior only. +2 prowess (to a maximum of 7); +3 prowess if held by a Dwarf (to a maximum of eight). [Eds note: Notice that it is not Unique :)]

Das Pack Vor Der Tur
Hazard Long Event
Text: Playable if Doors of Night are in play. Each non-unique Animal, Spider and Wolf creature may be played in Border-lands, Border-holds or Ruins & Lairs. The creature must be playable in a non-Coastal Sea region.

Baugur
Warrior Orc
MP 1
Mind 4 : DI 1
4/8
Text: Unique. Half-orc. Agent. Leader. Discard on a body check result of 8. +2 direct influence against Orcs and Orc factions. Agent only: Can't move to Free- and Border-holds.
Homesite: Isengard

Freca
Warrior/Diplomat Man
MP 2
Mind 5 : DI 2
4/8
Text: Unique. Agent. +1 direct influence against Riders of Rohan and Dunlendings.
Homesite: Edoras, Dunnish Clanhold

Wolf
Warrior/Diplomat Man
MP 1
Mind 4 : DI 2
3/7
Text: Unique. Agent. +2 direct influence against Dunlendings.
Homesite: Edoras, Dunnish Clanhold
Last edited by Darksatin on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loupgris

You guys are quick. I guess only my question about the two expansions planned after the balrog is left unaswered but at this speed I may know by tommorrow.
Darksatin

Loupgris wrote:You guys are quick. I guess only my question about the two expansions planned after the balrog is left unaswered but at this speed I may know by tommorrow.
See there :
http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =32&t=1864
Loupgris

Ok, thanks. I thought someone got hold of the unfinished work on the expansions planned after the Balrog. Not gonna sue it, but there is some great work.
Loupgris

Is it possible to see the durin and first born cards without downloading the whole online game system ?
Muad'Dib

I suggest you to go to this

topic

and download the programm (dont have to install, its "ready to use"). Pictures are 90% of GCCG's size so you dont save too much time/space ;) Inside you have folder graphics where are Durin's Folk and Firstborn. There is also SVN access but first you need to install programm to download it.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Loupgris

I looked them up, found lots of interesting ideas (many perils and characters I would have one the same way, even thought of doing so at a time). Didn't liked much the idea of Elven Lords and Dwarf lords as decktypes but I can see the lure for it. I anyway saved for myself only the alternate minion / hero / balrog version of the sites from Long Journey, Northern Wastes and Hands of the Healers, which are really well thought (actually, most sites are really well done overall). I would have myself made a Wizardhaven version of the Temple of Kondri Odchi for Pallando fallen-wizard as Roghosbel is for Radagast, and maybe Cairn of the Colruh Hazurbal for Alatar, so the fallen-wizards have a bit more opportunity to go east.
Anyway, I have to find a way to put all the cards I saved on pages easily printable, and there is a bunch of those.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”