METW- Elf-Lords Vintage

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
limitedwhole

Here is my current Elf-Lords list. I have been playing this deck for years and it is very good. It doesn't abide by the Council rules of 12 creatures and is more similar to classic decks that were made prior to that ruling with modern card updates. Interestingly, there are no shortage of creature attacks with this deck despite playing less than 12 main and the attacks are much more savage. If you have any ideas for this list and how to make it better or notice a hole or strategy that it is weak against feel free to leave suggestions. I pretty much just play wizards so I don't have a sideboard for fallen wizards or nazgul but that could be remedied.

Starters:
Elrond - Star-Glass
Galadriel - Star-Glass

Characters:
3 Pallando

Resources:
3 Eyes of Mandos
3 Vilya
3 Show Things Unbidden
3 Nenya
3 Token of Goodwill
3 Smoke Rings
3 Marvel's Taold
3 Old Friendship
The Windlord Found Me
Three Golden Hairs
Favor of the Valar

Hazards:
3 Shadow of Mordor
3 Doors of Night
3 Snowstorm
3 Twilight
2 The Nazgul Are Abroad
Witch-King of Angmar
Khamul the Easterling
Ren the Unclean
Uvatha the Horseman
Indur Dawndeath
Hoarmurath of Dir
Mouth of Sauron
My Precious
3 Parsimony of Seclusion
Agburanar At Home
Agburanar Ahunt
Daelomin At Home
Smaug at Home
The Balance of Things
Revealed to All Watchers
Many Sorrows Befall
Rolled Down to the Sea

Sideboard:
2 Searching Eye
2 The Way Is Shut
2 Will of Sauron
2 Fell Beast
The Pale Sword
Morgul Horse
Aduphanel
Akhorahil
Durin's Bane
Agburanar
Bairanax
Scorba
Earcaraxe
Smaug Ahunt
Saruman
Cirdan
3 Use Palantir
Wizard's Ring
Palantir of Orthanc
Phial of Galadriel
Leaflock
Goldberry
The Great Eagles
Elves of Lindon

The deck is full or recursion and deck manipulation. Try to slow down the game and grind your opponent out. The deck has so many character points that scoring marshalling points is almost like scoring double that many points. You want to use the sideboard allot. Most of your resource plays are in the sideboard and the hazards are quite potent. You can bring in a 5 card hazard package then token for Favor and shuffle in those hazards depending upon what you are facing. EX: 3 Searching Eye, 2 Fell Beast. The dragons package can come in a let you select any dragon with parsimony allowing you to guard a huge amount of territory with one card. The deck is kind of difficult to play but very fun once you get the hang of it. It is sort of the opposite strategy of most decks that try to cycle fast. This deck tries to slow the game down to a crawl and grind its opponent out. If your opponent doesn't go to dangerous locations, use your influence to influence away his cards.

Brian

Edit: Removed Neither So Ancient Nor So Potent and added a second Wizards Voice. Took out Stormcrow and added Leaflock to help protect against corruption cards. Took out Baduila for My Precious. Took out Leaflock and 2nd Wizard's Voice for Smaug Ahunt and The Pale Sword.

Edit 2: Took out the maindeck resource plays and added 3 Smoke Rings. Removed the characters from maindeck and swapped out Saruman for Pallando. Took out Aduphanel and added Agburanar Ahunt. Added Great Eagles for faction.

Edit 3: Changed the sideboard. Looking close to done.
Last edited by limitedwhole on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Goblin King

Holy cow, that is a brutal deck. It reminds me of a deck from the original Magic The Gathering days. It was called a millstone deck because it slowly grinds your opponents out of cards. Most of the time they just quit rather than die by 1,000 cuts. I respect your deck building skill, but if I ever come up against you, I will not have much fun playing.
limitedwhole

Bah! You can have game against this deck. :D Just have a strategy against it and a good sideboard.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

this discussion is mood is it not, as our group has to few players to break it into vintage players and official rules players . . .
I dig the activity but get yourself online on GCCG and read up in here get into the meta game not 10 - 15 years back, then others will listen and not just smile when they follow your all's posts ;)
rezwits
Council Member

To me I keep wanting to get back on GCCG, but I desire the real feel of paper and cards, and dice. I love DICE rolling and CARD shuffling mixed. Video games bore me. But I do take reservations for this. Especially because of the all the Arda cards. But I want them PRINTED! I am a patent, copyright, trademark HATER. Have been since birth. I find it so REPULSIVE, that the designers of all those extra cards with the ART, are NOT ALLOWED to print them BAH, thats lame. What kinda world are we living in where you guys can sit around and make your OWN art in a RECTANGLE. But YOU are not allowed to print them on paper? WTF. Freedom of the Press... I mean just because it says...

Bolvag? And Bolvag is OWNED? Look I just type the word itself. But you are not allowed to print them?

What if there was a kickstarter project to raise like $20,000 where there would be a print run of all the Arda expansions, but they were NOT SOLD. Just all the donations would get 1 case of 6 expansions, or 2 cases or 3 depending on donation amount. And once all the supporters donated to get the ART printed that's it. There's no printing. And not only that no one makes any profit from "these" prints. I mean jesus, who OWNS ALL THE ART in the world. ART is ART.

THink about it like this. If you make a painting of red dragon and call it Smaug by "Your Name Here" and it's SOOoo good, that it sells for $100,000. Is that breaking copyright? Hell no! You made ART and got paid. And that is way more than what would be NOT made by a print run of ARDA. Geesh

Laters... LOOSER WORLD
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
rezwits
Council Member

Oh and WHAT are we NOT ALLOWED TO DO?

what is SOoo.. evil and bad? Print ink on paper.

Oh my god what terrible people we would be, that's like killing people in the streets. That's how awful we would be.

The damn people I hate in this world, and in America.

Later again
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Jack02

I need advices to make a FW deck with Radagast. I have tried beut I dontt manage to get enoug MPs. Does anyone have already made suxh a deck?

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”