GCCG - DC: The Necromancer 1.0 Tournament

Events taking place on online platforms

Your preferred tournament format

I'd like to play a minion only DC tournament.
No votes
I'd like to play a normal DCGO, playing either hero or minion.
36%
I'd like to play Stinker-style, both hero (Smeagol) and minion (Gollum)
64%

Total votes: 11
donepi

Mario 25 - 24 donepi

Was a funny game with some surprises and several mistakes in deck-building and rules. Finally Mario won cause he doubled points in a category.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Alright, now that Mario has managed to solve his gccg issues, we can finally move on to round 3. See page 2 of this post for the match-ups.

And let's try to finish this round a bit faster. We all enjoy a Christmas break, but people we can surely do better than the epic proportions of 5 weeks for round 2.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten vs. Treebeard: 4-2 (40-29)
Highly engaging and fun game that was very equal until the last turn. I got lucky capturing Franck's main character, still he battled through admirably. Meanwhile my Elves refused to be Called Home or corrupted, even though they were playing it dangerously with magic rings (so, lucky again there).
Grishnakh

Yesterday I Played vs. Stephane.

Heiko vs. Stephane: 39 : 23, after double my faction and misc. points.
Without doubling it was a closely 28:23 in th end!
I think it's a 5:1 or so...don't know exactly.

Bolg, of the north leaded a marauding band of orcs to orc holds vs. dwarves in wilderland in a 4-5 hour game.
But we both took our time to think twice and read the "new" cards in actively situations.
Very excited game to test NE and FF cards.

One question came up:
The grey agent "the Goblin-Basher" attacked Bolgs company at Mount-Gundabad. It's a detainment attack or not?
Bolg says detainment, but the Goblin-Basher says no detainment.
We decided to be a detainment attack at Bolg's HS.

Many thanks to Stephane for that game!

Cheers,
Heiko [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Mordakai
Council Member

I'm not very familiar with Dream Cards play but, do you double misc points in this kind of games? Not in regular MECCG...
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Yes on does Double misc in DC only
Arkhorail

Hi !

I have a question : can we rework our deck between 2 rounds ?

I don't want to adapt the Hazard, just reorganize the resource part between Sideboard and Deck, and change some resources.

I'll understand if this is not authorized since it's called a tournament ^^.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

correct.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Normally changes during tournament are not allowed, but if I can manage to check the registered decklists, I'll allow minor changes, let's say a couple of cards.

Goblin-basher vs. Bolg at Mt. Gundabad, hmm interesting question. Normally it's last played card takes precedence, but one can often not remember that with characters/agents in play. I don't know if there's any other rule or ruling. So then I'd say, Goblin-basher's ability is general, and Bolg's ability specific. Thus specific over general ability: the attack is detainment.
dirhaval

Holger (hero) vs. Dirhaval (minion) 41-21

My mistake was not realizing Faithless Steward only counts while the agent is at that site. But that agent was killed on the last turn by a Cave-drake.
He doubled faction points due to Foolish Words even me using Dark Embassy for +2 to the influence check.
We played I think 9 turns. It was slow. I had mostly one moving company and rained down New Moon+Many Burdens+Gnaw with Words
to slow him down. He killed Wormtongue with Faithless Steward. I killed Erestor with a Sellswords, then another Sellswords killed Arwen
after I tapped Elrond with New Moon. But he had an ally I forget to target.
I made an error thinking Siege on my minion copy affected his hero copy. Not much of a fight with his Elves against the Orcs. Holger was
kind to allow that interpretation hold. But I was wrong about Siege.
He was right too about Daelomin at home tapping with a hazard limit of zero to increase the hazard limit by two. I did allow him to reorder
his hazard play to get that dragon into play, but now knowing he did not have too reorder.
He did CvCC with me. I used Desperate Strike to tie Glorifindel. A long, six hour game. Many wounded.
shadow and flame

Game gollum51 vs. balrog is planed for Feb. 1st. 20 pm.
cheers Mario
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
gollum51

Congrats to Mario for his 33-21 win.
An interesting game with some weird dice (more than ten injured characters but only one weakling died. Even noble hound was a killer dog).
Interesting card distribution as well: I played my avatar on the turn I exhausted. :-)

And Mario got victim of the gccg snake eyes curse in the last cc rolls.

Looking forward to the next game.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

brutal beating your self with your dice game vs donepi, his strong deck ran away big time on the end, I had to replay my avatar 3 times as I lost 2 fell creatures to silly pussy marshdrakes ;)

0:6
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Yet another epic round, both in its length (sadly Fernando had no internet connection in his new place), but also since the Heroes had a field day, all 5 games were won by the good guys. Come on minions, step up to the plate!

pairing for last round is made, almost all players will be able to have played 2 hero and 2 minion games. Good luck.
gollum51

Looking at the pairings, some of these games might take place face to face at Lure :)
I would definitely be happy to play mine on Friday morning.

H.

Return to “Online Tournaments”