Dream card challenge deck event on GCCG

Events taking place on online platforms
Kjeld

I regret that I must withdraw from this tournament. I find that under current circumstances in my life and given the current grim turn of affairs in my home country, I have little time or taste for games now and for the foreseeable future. [-me_ccc-]
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Pity Patrick, but totally understandable, so who is taking up the slot =? Mario? first come 1st serve ;) got a spot in an awesome DC event ;)
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I just realized I forgot to post result of game vs Luis which occurred last week.

At beginning of the game, Luis' wolves ;) (even Caran-carach) wounded lots of my characters, but fortunately no one was killed.
Thanks to shadow-magic and home sites, characters were healed quickly.
Afterwards they didn't move and played factions, Black Steeds and Tributes to Sauron.
Meanwhile Uvatha moved to play factions thanks to Call of Arms (which I find too strong).
Finally I exhausted and called with 28 MP.

Luis' Dwarves were harassed and slowed by trolls.
Luis was fearless at Mount Gundabad : with Minions Stir and Peril Returned, he decided nonetheless to play Return to Old Dwellings.
Facing Orcs 6@12, company was helped by Old Grudge and Dwarves are upon You !
Thorin fought untapped with 9 prowess (6+2+2+2-3) ... and you guessed rolled snake eyes !
Khazadshatur wasn't enough to protect him because he was killed :(
Afterwards remaining company faced stirred Umagaur the Pale coming from Under-deeps.
At least company successfully Returned to Old Dwellings, Restoring Kingdom of Old for a peaceful grave for their leader.

With this -5 MP, and having only 1 MP for items, he ended with 14 MP.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

It certainly is a pity Patrick (in several ways). Yes it's understandable, and like Gildor I would not presume to give advise, but personally I find games a good way to deal with harsh reality in a balanced way.

I witnessed Luis loose Thorin on a snake eyes trying to Return to Gundabad, that was both a very cruel and amazing turn 8)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
shadow and flame

Hi guys!
Last night Heiko with FW Radagast and me playing Felagrog had a more than 4 hours game! 8 turns I guess gave me in the end the satisfaction of a hard fought victory. It was close althrough the game. Both players had good strategies to avoid attacks of dangerous creatures and were able to play lots of resource decks points by missing the big MP cards. That would have taken one or two more turns.
So finally Grishnakh vs. Balrog 26:30 - 2:4
Cheers
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

2nd round is in the books

Nicolai with Ardagor plays vs William with Denethor 0 : 6

Ernst with A Few Trusty Lads vs Herve with Elrond 5 : 1

Frank with Uvatha vs Luis with Thorin 6 : 0

Mario (was Patrick) with Felagrog vs Heiko with Radagast 4 : 2

Eric with Smaug vs Gregorz with Thranduil 5 : 1

so standings after 2 rounds:

1. William 12
2. Frank 10
3. Eric 9
4. Mario (Patrick) 6
5. Ernst 5
6. Nicolai 5
7. Luis 4
8. Heiko 4
9. Gregorz 3
10. Herve 2
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

played hero last:
1. William 12
7. Luis 4
8. Heiko 4
9. Gregorz 3
10. Herve 2
played minion last:
2. Frank 10
3. Eric 9
4. Mario (Patrick) 6
5. Ernst 5
6. Nicolai 5
3rd round pairings:

William will play The Witch-king vs Franck with Heirs of Girion
Luis will play Dwar vs Eric with Galadriel
Heiko will play Khamûl vs Ernst with FW Saruman
Herve will play Adûnaphel vs Mario with Gandalf
Giewon will play The Necromancer vs Nicolai with Dain

email will follow ASAP

hopefully we can get a 3rd round in before Christmas ;)
gollum51

Adunaphel will face Gandalf on Thursday at 8:30
dirhaval

Bill and Franck
This Satursday evening (France time UTC+1) at 21.30.
Grishnakh

Last week I played vs. Ernst (thanks a lot to Ernst for the game, hope to play again vs. you!).
Khamul and FW Saruman both searched for rings around the Adnduin Vale. Khamul found some more also informations.
After a 3 hour game we finished it before Khamul could influence his dragon faction in the next turn.
It end with 22:10 for Khamul (Heiko).
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
dirhaval

Franck and me had a game this week.
It was a game of extreme rolls. You know when you roll 11s and 12s early in the game, then
those 2s and 3s will have their voices heard. The game was close until the last turn.

I was Angmar Arises and he Heirs of Girion.

I called to end the game after three and half hours, 9 turns, with the score 16v23.
He just killed Smaug at Home.
[So you know if I ask a dumb question on what happened during your turn
it is likely I was busy with note taking]

TURN 1
I started with moving to Weathertop to play Fizzling Torch and War-warg.
Urdak moves to Litash to be Morgul Apprentice, but Marsh-drake attacked.
He killed it, but it was a Fruitless Victory.

Franck moved Celeborn, Bain, Bard, Dweller, and Eodoric to Caves of Ulund from Lorien.
My hand was clogged wih Undead. I played Doors of Night, Moon is Dead, and Plague of Wights.
He played Winds of Turning to discard Moon is Dead. Also Twilight, but I play another Doors I think.
He must of passed by a haunted land, since I play Ghosts for 6s10p; no one is wounded with many high rolls, but no kill.

TURN 2
Next turn, I played Grunt at Litash.
Agog and others move to Gondring's Lair to play High Helm.
Cave Drake wounds the wolf ally. Brawler has Swift Stroke to face the Dragon strike.
Urdak and Grunt move to Carn Dum and faced a Marsh-drake after its slumber.
The Tormented Earth sends it into a crevice never to be seen again.

Celeborn and the men move to Irerock. Stirring Bones of past dead treasure hunters
attack,but are killed. More Stirring Bones attack, but a wizard plays Vanishment.
It was an Exhalatuion of Decay that strirred more Stirring Bones that wounds Mallorn-Dweller.

TURN 3
I had a gold ring item and Burning RCT in hand. Urdak and Grunt stay.
Others move to Lossadan Camp (should of been Leiri to allow agents to be played as characters here)
The Lossadan hired thugs. Sellswords Between Charters kill Brawler.
Agog taps to play gold ring after he kills many at the site, but not until Brawler is killed.
I have 13 MP now and 42 in discard pile. Avatar in hand.

Widfara is played at Lorien. He moves wounded Dweller to Rhubar and others to Thranduil's Halls.
Wood-elves are played after a promise of wine.

TURN 4
Agog passes a cc-7. Witchking is played at Carn Dum. Agog and others move to that site.
A Marsh-drake attacks killing the wolf ally. Berserker falls to the prophecy "And shall die with the blood of a drake"
Way to go Dragon's Blood. The ring is tested to be Trifling Ring; should of been Magic Ring of Fury.
Now, 10mp, 32dp

He moves to Lake-town. I play Out of the Swamp, Plague of Wights and Peril Returned. Barrow-wight is keyed to that region,
but he plays Wizard's Flame from Aiwendel. (okay, I think the idea of this wizard's staying longer than two turns is too much.
You can play spells at no cost? That is too powerful. I liked the inital card idea).
He kills it I think. I then play Mewlips at 4s9p resulting in no wounded or killed.

TURN 5
I had the Coat in hand. I move to Zarak Dum. Witchking moves to Mount Gram.
Avatar rolls a 2 for the influence roll. Black-mail Coat is played.
11mp/23dp

He moves to Caves of Ulund. I play the undead Ta-la-Fisch with no modifications and it is not killed
since Bain rolls a 3 and is wounded; he needed a four; the creature is attacheed to the site.
I had Spells of BW in hand, but did not play it.
Doors of Night is played and stays in play for the rest of the game.
He plays the Carc ally there. Celeborn is wounded by the AA, but healed by herbs.
Celeborn then plays Aranuth with the creature attached to the weapon now. The Sinda Elf smiles at the creature
thinking of next turn and how that weapon of Thingol slew many dwarves of the First Age
after the making of the The Nauglamir.

TURN 6
All my minions move to Carn Dum. Angmarim is played by Agog with No More Nonsense and High Helm on a roll of 5.
12mp/19dp

Celeborn now has Aranuth. he does not tap against the Undead.1s10p and rolls a 3 for no tapping!
His company moves next door to Irerock. Lure of Expedience played on Celeborn who now has 5 cp.
Someone plays Thane's Attire. Celeborn makes a cc-5, and rolls a 3 again! Character eliminated and item discarded.

TURN 7
I move Agog and others to Leiri. A Dwarven War Party is played. Tormented Earth and Goblins ARe Upon You
lets these guys kill that creature for 3 MP; I selected for no trophy which was a mistake.
Vasamacil is played when Morgul-Lord was drawn.
17mp/9dp

He plays Wyrmslayer at Framsburg. He moves to Dale. I attack with a Moon is Dead Mewlips. Eodoric is killed.
I use Lindor's Bane to grab Long Winter. I play it and tap Dale.

TURN 8
I stay at Leiri. Ice-troll faces the site attack with High Helm for 6p. Burning RCT in hand with gold ring now.
He rolls a 3 after no tap for 6 total and then a 9 body check for discarding. Agog rolls a 3 for a wound!
I had Test of Fire in hand to quickly test gold ring and play Fury. He played Smaug at Home
14mp/8dp

He moves to Lake-town to play Ravens faction and Star-glass.
I have been moving my agent Koribahun eastward.

TURN 9
Agog and Urdak stay at Leiri.Uvatha and Black Rider are played at Carn Dum.
Ringwraiths move to Blue MDH and play Iron Crown.
Urdak rolls a 3 against site AA to later die! I exhaust my deck.

he moves to Lonely Mountain to kill the dragon.
Old Thrush, Black Arrow, Kindling Spirit kills the dragon.
Then he kills my agent with its 14 prowess! his deck exhausts.

I call to end the game at 16v23. He had Men of Dale in hand.
I had two War-wolves and a gold ring item.
The RWs could move to Morkai to play the allies for 2 MP.
Then to Gram next turn to play 2 MP faction.
Turn after that Agog to play gold ring and RWs to play Priests for 4 MP.
May be draw a 1 MP character, but that is 9 MP after three turns, so I called the game.

That is how Undead are so common; they are your own dead characters.

My main lesson is to put Black-Mail Coat and High Helm on Berserker.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Grzegorz and I will play right now, or at least start Tuesday noon 12.30 CET europe

yours Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Done in 3 short noonish sessions Dain calls himself king again from the Mountain of Long Peak, even though the Necromancer had Knowledge of 1 of the 3, he could not stop my points galore endgame

it was close to like 24 : 18, but once king under mountain set up end game material with all major items for the quest it was huge...

49 : 27 was the final, so a 5 : 1 for me, still the key was hazard stacking vs his company on his 2nd trip to Lorien, 2x Durin's Folk followed by 2x Alatar the Hunter, who had Returned beyond all hope, to tap all dudes and finish some of them off,

yours Nicolai
shadow and flame

After a long good game with ups and downs Gollum and Balrog finished 27:30.
In the first rounds Gandalf scored points faster than the Ringwraith. Sam came back changed and the Windlord found Robin. My heroes got armed with Sword of Gondolin and Glamdring, nearly catched a creature with elven rope and made lots of allies. When going for the faction I only needed a four. I rolled snakes..... pulled out the faction again needing a six I rolled a three..... buuuuhhhhhhaaaaahhhh!!!
In a good round (fifth I think) Gollum played 7 points and was getting close (20 MP). I had 25 points but could not call because of his 4 faction points.
So in a last turn I tried the Rangers again and Tatatatatata made it with a nine. I played one more bow, called the council and even another 7 point round by Gollum could not prevent my victory. Balrog (playing Gandalf) 4 : Gollum (playing Adunaphel) 2
Two good working decks,Thanx - Mario
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
gollum51

Thanks Mario for the summary and the good game. Looking forward to the next round and the DC tourney in Stahleck.

Return to “Online Tournaments”