GenCon August 2017

thedarkness

Any players planning on attending this year's GenCon?

August 17-20, 2017
Indianapolis, Indiana

http://www.gencon.com

I plan on making the trip from Florida to participate in various other events and will be very happy to bring some Middle Earth for play/trade.

[-me_eye-]
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
TradewindRider

Greetings,

I've been thinking about heading out that way for a couple of years now, but can't get the logistics worked out quite yet. Maybe 2018...?

TradewindRider
thedarkness

TradewindRider wrote:Greetings,

I've been thinking about heading out that way for a couple of years now, but can't get the logistics worked out quite yet. Maybe 2018...?

TradewindRider
Hello,

Do you happen to know who runs the GenCon events?

Thank you.
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
TradewindRider

Greetings thedarkness,

I actually don't know--I met some of the MECCG experts from elsewhere in the US when Worlds was here in California back in 2014, so you may want to ask around in the other forums.

TradewindRider
Goblin King

I'm going to try for GenCon this year. It turns 50. I turn 50. And I've never been before. So yes. As far as who will be organizing the events there, you might try contacting jhunholz on this board. He organized in 2015 along with Joe Bisz.
CorumMc

I'm going this year. I am far from an accomplished player. Have had the cards for years but haven't played more than a handful of times. Looking forward to the trip though.

I was there in 15 and joined the Arda event. It was fun and run by good guys, though it was split into two groups and there weren't any experienced players in our group so it was slow paced and not as much of a learning opportunity as I'd hoped. There was also a sealed tourney that took place earlier in the week.

That generally seems to be the pattern: Sealed sometime around Thursday night and an Arda sometime on Saturday. Council of Lorien runs them iirc.

Actually I just googled and found last year's listing for the events. I think it is safe to say if there will be events this group will be running them. http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon ... sh_Hunholz
Goblin King

I will be playing Arda at Gen Con. I see they are out of tickets. I wonder who else will be there?

Return to “USA MECCG Community”