One Map to Rule Them All

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
DamienX207
Council Member

Hi all,
A few months ago, I stumbled across an old online game map that some of you are probably familiar with -- it had all of the sites/info listed under the appropriate regions -- but it was basically illegible due to its graphic design (and it also had a few minor typos etc). Long story short, I decided to polish it up into an easily-readible (and 8 1/2" x 11" printable) version to give to my brother for his birthday, but then figured I might as well share it with whoever else is out there and still stoked about this game. :D

We have found that this map makes it infinitely easier to not only play with region movement, but also to TEACH NEW PLAYERS when they can see everything laid out in front of them. I'd love to see something like this hosted on the main page along with other resources for beginners, but that might be a pipe dream considering that the main page hasn't been updated in 4 years...

Anyway, below are links to the Color and Grayscale versions, along with embedded inlines. Apologies for not crediting whoever created the original version, but if you're out there and reading this, let me know so I can update accordingly!

HERO MAP - Color Version (the below image is just a thumbnail; click for high-resolution)

HERO MAP - Grayscale Version (the below image is just a thumbnail; click for high-resolution)

MINION MAP - Color Version (the below image is just a thumbnail; click for high-resolution)

MINION MAP - Grayscale Version (the below image is just a thumbnail; click for high-resolution)

Last edited by DamienX207 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gorgor

Do you have them in high resolution? I can barely see the text. Maybe something wrong in my settings?

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
CorumMc

Might be since it is 3300x2250. That really should be fine for printing the image.

It would scale better if it was saved as a PDF but I'd think this size will print well.
DamienX207
Council Member

If you click on the above images, it will take you to the high-resolution versions; the embedded images are essentially thumbnails. But I can edit the original post to add text urls also. :)
They're formatted as 8 1/2" x 11" at 300dpi for printing.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

DamienX207 wrote: We have found that this map makes it infinitely easier to not only play with region movement, but also to TEACH NEW PLAYERS when they can see everything laid out in front of them. I'd love to see something like this hosted on the main page along with other resources for beginners, but that might be a pipe dream considering that the main page hasn't been updated in 4 years...
Actually the main page is in the process of being transferred over to those who will keep it updated. It has not been a quick process but is in the works.

Personally, it is one of my priorities with the new CoE to provide new tools to new players in an effort to help this great game grow.

Thanks for posting the maps!
DamienX207
Council Member

Updated original post with minion versions. :)
CorumMc

That's pretty cool. Thanks.

What are you using to build the map? PSD/Fireworks or something for flow charts like Visio?
DamienX207
Council Member

Thanks! Just used Photoshop/PSD -- I like to keep it old-school. ;)
CorumMc

That's alot of work there. How do you keep it organized? Are the sites squares all one layer or do you group the box/icon/text layers for each site together?
Kjeld

Are you up for making a DC version as well? At least up through First Folk, it would be super helpful.
DamienX207
Council Member

RE: Corum, I built it from a pre-existing JPEG so it was easiest to just copy/paste the regions and then rearrange/polish from there. And yeah, 1 layer for the sites, 1 for the connections, 1 for the mountains, etc. :)

RE: Kjeld, I'd love to say I have time for a DC expanded map, but since I'd have to spend a ton of time compiling the site/playability data + it doesn't appear that I can actually play with DCs at home, there's not a lot of incentive to make such a large time commitment at this point. :? I'd never say never, but probably best not to hold your breath (unless someone wants to print out and mail me all of the hard copy DC proxies). ;)
LordPaul

Just wanted to say that these maps are awesome - thanks so much for creating them.

Any chance a later update might include the sites from "A Long Expected Party" ?

Thanks again for these great maps
CDavis7M

Thank you for sharing! What a great resource to easily print at home. And I think I have some self-adhesive laminating sheets if I can find them...

And lucky for me that it is in 8.5x11" format instead of the A4 format that the previous map was in. I like the A4 ratio but It's near impossible to find paper in the US, let alone quality A4 paper.
Tsagoi

Thanks a lot ! The other versions I knew were quite difficult to read. Great graphic desgin here. That's beautiful as well as easy to use.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”