LoRE beta rules and card text

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Logain
Ex Council Member

It's also the targets used for Bow shooting, which is what i had in mind, more than rifle targets.

Or we could use The One Ring, or close to it :

Last edited by Logain on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logain
Ex Council Member

Target number can also be used for ring items.
Mordakai
Council Member

Logain wrote:Image
Very nice, I tried it, but it's so small in the card that the runes are not more than small dots, impossible to recognize them... :|
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
jameslkight

IMG_20151223_022552.jpg
IMG_20151223_022552.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 12345 times
IMG_20151223_022436.jpg
IMG_20151223_022436.jpg (90.99 KiB) Viewed 12345 times
IMG_20151223_020819.jpg
IMG_20151223_020819.jpg (220.97 KiB) Viewed 12345 times
I've actually got a copy of the Gamma Rules, and have been recently entering in all the cards into Magic Set Editor. I should be done with all the cards by the end of the week. I've already entered all the hazards and characters, and currently working on resources. I have also taken the time to correct the contrast on all of the cards from the METW set as well as a number of other cards. I've attached a sample (where you can see the difference between text, mind, etc., and contrast difference) and a picture of the Gamma binder I have.

Basically, I've entered all the new text, and kept all the original art just for familiarity's sake. Where a choice was given (same card in both METW and MELE for example), I usually stuck with any Angus McBride art, or MELE since the art there was usually better or at the very least, PRINTED with better contrast. I will also type up the Gamma rules (both starter and full) as soon as I am done with the cards. Keep in mind that this set is simply my time entering the cards for personal use. Please feel free to use this information to make your own version.

I know that you guys already know most of the rule changes. Gamma has a few minor tweaks. Any suggestions as to where to upload these for you guys to check out when I am done?

James Kight

p.s. As an example of an interesting change, Cave-drake is no longer keyable to ruins & lairs unless Doors of Night is in play. Cards like Thief and Pick-pocket are automatically listed as detainment (there isn't an * in the card title) in the card text. Also, Mouth of Sauron no longer gets creatures, just hazard events or conditions (which can include the nazgul). Faramir, Beretar, and Elrond got some nice built-in abilities as well.
jameslkight

I've taken a little time to go through the Beta rules and card texts (i never got a copy of the Beta), and compared it to the Gamma versions I have. As I mentioned before, there are a number of differences, most of them minor, a few of them middling, and a few major differences. As mentioned also above, when I am done with the cards, I will get the rules typed in (or scanned in). Even with the Gamma version, there are a few minor inconsistencies (as well as a few typos) that are present in both the rules and the cards. I am going through them both and ironing out what I can find while I am typing everything in.

Thanks for your patience!

James Kight

(in case my name sounds familiar, I produced the MECCG Newsletter way back when.)
Muad'Dib

Hi James,

Thank you so much for your efforts. Its something priceless to have access to LORE stuff ;) I think the best place to upload it is this to MECCG profile on BGG.

MECCG on BGG

Cant wait to see those files ;)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
dirhaval

BGG was good to use to find that ME Risk game. A great game that cost $100 USD a long time ago. No where in stores
soon after its release. So easy to add house rules.

Thank you for the Beta rules; I might use them in play on gccg. That is I will not key Cave-drake to a Ruins without Doors of Night. My opponent can do what he wants. I already refuse to play the super agents: Assassin and Slayer.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i am also very curious about these Beta rules. thanks for sharing!
jameslkight

LoRE Gamma Rules & Cards have been posted to BGG.

Thanks Pawel for the nod in the right direction.

James
Muad'Dib

Hi James,

I saw you posted version 3.0. Do you think its final version? If its possible it will be nice to have again version with images, but final ;)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Logain
Ex Council Member

Hi.

Thanks for the v4 file.

Possible to get the MSE file to copy my own art now ?
Kjeld

Also, have the sites changed for this version? I don't see any site cards, and the rules talk only about the map. Is that map available somewhere as well?
Logain
Ex Council Member

It looks like logos on the map showed the sites and also what you could play there.
You put used tokens on the site instead of tapping them.

Having the beta map would be nice yes.
USMCgeek

I found a guy that claims to have the beta maps, I'm awaiting a response for scans or photos
panotxa

Hi!

I’ve been interested on getting a playable Lore version of the game since I discovered about its existence some years ago. My idea is to get some well produced proxies, not to replace meccg which I love the way it is, but to expand the
playing possibilities in a similar way Arda does.

I’ve been in touch with Jim Gutt who was one of the solo mode testers of the game and... yes, he has a map! It’s low quality scanned but enough to be able to extract its content. I have a copy of it. (USMCgeek, is the same guy you’re talking about?)

I’d like to know if it’s possible to get the cards that James Kight posted in MSE format. Does sb have them ready to print?

Anyway, I’ll keep in touch with Jim Gutt and I’ll share this thread with him. Maybe he wants to join us here ;)

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”