FS - Sets of commons/uncommons.

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Neric

I played MECCG a lot back around the turn of the century. I started with limited wizards and played until the end.
I played in at least one tournament and recall winning against a higher profile player getting an ICE coin.

I easily have well over 5,000 cards, complete sets of most things, and other wise huge piles of cards.
I sorted them so far by type - just resource cards I can fill a few 800 count card boxes.
The sets are in binders, I was more a collector then a player so most cards were never played.

I've never sold any of my ME cards - and as those of you know to get enough for a set you had to buy a lot.
I'm not 100% sure if I have a full set of wizards or not - because it's missing a few cards in the binder but I expect they are in a deck.

My wife has zero interest in any CCG - I sold my Magic a few years ago for a good bit (since I had dual lands from 3rd E)
I like the resources on these sites and will try to keep some solo decks but I don't need this many cards.

I'm in the USA if that makes any difference, and not in a rush to offload these (I've had them for years, didn't actually think anyone still played - this site proves me wrong)

EBAY seems to show there is a market but the sales mostly do not involve many rare cards which seem to be the value.

Should I try to offload sets of commons or just toss the 20th+ common I have into the recycling - especially the region cards - I likely have 1000 just of those. Thanks in advance for any advise.
Last edited by Neric on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tyhjaarpa

Region cards are pretty useless and I doubt there is demand for them. Other cards you can sell in lots / sets to make it easier.

If you happen to have full set or close to full set of Lidless Eye and Against The Shadow for sale send me a PM. :)
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Well if you're sure you don't want to change your mind and take up playing the game again..... :wink:

I personally wouldn't bother attempting to sell sets of commons/uncommons/fixed. You MIGHT find a buyer, but it likely wouldn't be worth the time and effort you put into it. Keep in mind that while there is still a market for MECCG, you can't expect most of the cards to move quickly for decent prices like Magic the Gathering does which is still a live game and has a massive following.

My suggestions:

1) Piece together as many complete sets as possible (including all rares) and try to sell each set as one complete unit.

2) List and sell all of the rares together in a bulk lot (I would only choose this option above #1 if you can't complete the sets).

3) Sell the entire collection as one huge lot (this option is the easiest and costs you the least amount of time, but you can also expect to make less money on it... just depends on how much your time is worth).

Hope this helps a bit. Post again with any other questions and I'll try to help.
Neric

Thanks for the replies - I do 100% sure have complete sets of everything besides the wizards, but knowing my self 15 years ago I likely have a complete set of that just not all in the binders. What are these even worth - they have a lot of nostalgic value - main problem is the thousands of extra cards that take up so much space (I should post a picture)

I'll start by seeing what extra rare cards or enough to build second sets I have - the massive stacks of commons I figured wouldn't be worth much more then the cost to ship them.

I honestly didn't figure any of this was worth anything - surely not magic prices.

IIRC 3 is the max card count you can have in a deck - so if I want to keep 2 decks worth - keep 6 of every card and for the common / fixed over that just toss. Then I have enough cards to play again without the massive amount of space.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Yes, 3 is the max card count per deck for avatars and non-unique cards.

I would recommend you don't throw away extras yet, however, until you've decided how you plan to sell off the cards. There is a chance that someone may be interested in some of the common/fixed cards.

I sent you a PM with more information. Post here and let me know if you do not receive it or do not know how to access your PM folder.

Best,

Gavin
Neric

I got the PMs. We just finished a huge remodel so it'll take me some time to finish sorting out the cards. I'll post a more detailed list of what I have outside of sets once I get there. I also look forward to verifying I have a full set of the wizards since that means I have one of every main printed card. (I only have 1 promo)
thedarkness

Are you close to north Florida, by chance?
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
Neric

Nope - I'm in Minnesota
thedarkness

Ouch.

Thank you for the fast response, that is hard to come by on the boards these days.
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Neric wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 pm I got the PMs. We just finished a huge remodel so it'll take me some time to finish sorting out the cards. I'll post a more detailed list of what I have outside of sets once I get there. I also look forward to verifying I have a full set of the wizards since that means I have one of every main printed card. (I only have 1 promo)
Happy to hear that! Just shoot me back a PM any time you like. Thanks again for joining our forums!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

thedarkness wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm Ouch.

Thank you for the fast response, that is hard to come by on the boards these days.
Hey, that hurts my feelings. I try to reply as quickly as possible! :P
thedarkness

Quite true, I'm afraid I am the slow one to respond now.
Neric

That's quite slow - anyway the cards are all in my closet - I started sorting them. Pretty sure I have sets of everything and a ton of uncommon / commons. I'll get back to it some day and update this post.
rommel

I know uncommons and commons are tough to unload, but I actually would be interested in some of them and don't really want to pay retail, maybe 30 to 90 cards or so across the sets. Let me know if you are open to putting together a U/C/F batch for a guy. I'm in the US.
Neric

How many of each are you looking for - send me a list. pretty much depends upon effort required vs what you'd pay.

Return to “The Marketplace”