Worlds 2017 - Cologne, Germany

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

MECCG World Championship 2017
This year´s World Championship will take place in Germany. Heiner will be our host this time. Here are the details:

When?
20. Oct - 22. Oct 2017

Where?
Cologne, Germany
A conference room is rented at the Youth Hostel (Köln/Deutz) for our needs (http://www.jugendherberge.de/en/youth-h ... 0/Portrait).
Also, 24 beds are pre-booked for us.

How to register?
Write a message to Heiner at HeinerV@gmx.de. Note that we have only up to 24 beds in the Youth Hostel. If you want to stay there, be quick to register. Of course, you can look for accommodation somewhere else and still take part in Worlds.

If you have any questions, ask organizer Heiner at HeinerV@gmx.de.
For more discussions go to the COE Forum at viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3025
A lot of fun and competition is awaiting us – don’t miss it!
Smaug

Hi guys,
below the proposal for the Agenda of worlds 2017 in Cologne:

UPDATE from 06-09

List of Players (number of confirmed players = 14):

Germany:
Patrick L.
Heiner V.
Thorsten G.
Mario M.
Heiko
Andreas W.
Robert R.
Wolfram V.
Roland B.

Spain:
Antonio
Oscar

Austria:
Wolfgang P.
Bernd B.

Switzerland:
Christian J.

US:
Marc A.

Poland:
Pawel Z.

I hope this list will grow steadily ;-)

I will update that list on regular basis. Keep in mind the room is limited to 24 Players.
The rooms (6 * 4 bed bedrooms) will be blocked for the players until 2 month before the event (means 8. Sep), after that the Youth Hostel will give the beds again into the open sale. Cold Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic Drinks as well as snacks will be available 24 hours at the reception, it is not allowed by the hostel to bring own drinks or food into the conference room.

Cheers

Heiner

Friday 20.10 nonofficial start of the Worlds
6 p.m. until open end:
Meeting at the Youth Hostel; I offer to guide you for a Cologne Brauhaus Pub Tour (if enough players already arrive on Friday we can in addition already play a little tournament, in this case let me know because I need to look for pub we can play, the tournament room is only booked and available for Sa.to Sun.)

Saturday 21.10.2017
10 a.m. - 11 a.m.: Saying Hello & Sign in for the tournament
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Official start of the WC tournament: Round 1 & 2 of the semifinal
3 p.m. - 4 p.m.: Lunch break (there are several restaurants near by, e.g. Vapiano (Italian Food) or fast food restaurants like Mac Donalds or Subway)
4 p.m. - 8 p.m.: Rounds 3 & 4 of the semifinal
8 p.m. - 9 p.m.: Dinner break
9p.m. - open end: Drinking Game WC tournament (probably 3 rounds)

Sunday 22.10.2017
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Final 4 of the Worldcup Tournament
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Side events e.g. Hero Sealed, ARDA, ...
4 p.m - 5 p.m. Award ceremony and saying good bye

Feedback welcome!!!

Cheers

Heiner

P.S.: It would be great to see very soon posts from you in the forum if you will attend the Worlds, would make me the planning and negotiation with the youth hostel much easier (regarding the blocking of sleeping rooms and the tournament room, which is not possible with costs!!!) Thanks Heiner
Last edited by Smaug on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Looks like Mario and me will attend! :D
Smaug

Shapeshifter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm Looks like Mario and me will attend! :D
That´s great! I am looking forward to see you and Mario in Cologne.

See you

Heiner
Grishnakh

Count me in for the first time :wink:
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Smaug

UPDATE:
Booking number 232730 is still valid now and at least until mid of september

Hi participants
some details for booking your bedroom:

Costs: The price is for a shared bedroom for each person and each night is 34,90 € incl. breakfast

How to book: Send an email to koeln-deutz@jugendherberge.de
Please contain the reservation number # 232730, your name(s) and the dates you want to stay within your reservation email.

The bed rooms within the playing location (Youth Hostel Köln Deutz: www.koeln-deutz.jugendherberge.de) will only be reserved for us until the 8th of September so be quick when booking the room. After that date the beds will go back into the free sale.

Cheers

Heiner
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I'll be there! Is anybody from the Netherlands planning to drive?... I have a wedding to attend the evening of 20 October, so I need to figure out how to get from Esbeek, NL.
http://www.alfanos.org
Muad'Dib

zarathustra wrote:I'll be there! Is anybody from the Netherlands planning to drive?... I have a wedding to attend the evening of 20 October, so I need to figure out how to get from Esbeek, NL.
Are you talking about Wiet's wedding?;) Talk with Eric, he thinks about coming but only for one day.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Yeah, but if I come with Eric, I will miss the main event on Saturday!
http://www.alfanos.org
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I can make it happen as well, but will be short notice depending on my family at the time

yours Nicolai
Patric

Hast du mich angemeldet Heiner? Falls nicht schaue ich noch ob die einen Platz frei haben...kommt eigentlich noch jemand aus dem Süden der an Tübingen/ Stuttgart vorbeikommt und mich mitnehmen könnte?
Ich freue mich und bis bald!
Grüße Patric

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

ja, ich. ich kann die ja die zugnummer und zeiten zuschicken ;-)
Smaug

Patric wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 am Hast du mich angemeldet Heiner? Falls nicht schaue ich noch ob die einen Platz frei haben...kommt eigentlich noch jemand aus dem Süden der an Tübingen/ Stuttgart vorbeikommt und mich mitnehmen könnte?
Grüße Patric

Hallo Patric,

ja, zum Turnier bist Du angemeldet. Um das Zimmer in der Jugendherberge müsstest du dichwie jeder andere auch ;-) allerdings selber kümmern!

Reservierungsnummer > #232730 (Herr der Rineg WM; Organisator: Heiner Viefhues) Die Frist, wo die Jhb die betten geblockt hat, ist allerdings schon abgelaufen, aber vielleicht hast du ja Glück!

Kommst Du schon Freitags oder erst Samstags?!

VG

Heiner
Patric

Smaug wrote:
Patric wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 am Hast du mich angemeldet Heiner? Falls nicht schaue ich noch ob die einen Platz frei haben...kommt eigentlich noch jemand aus dem Süden der an Tübingen/ Stuttgart vorbeikommt und mich mitnehmen könnte?
Grüße Patric

Hallo Patric,

ja, zum Turnier bist Du angemeldet. Um das Zimmer in der Jugendherberge müsstest du dichwie jeder andere auch ;-) allerdings selber kümmern!

Reservierungsnummer > #232730 (Herr der Rineg WM; Organisator: Heiner Viefhues) Die Frist, wo die Jhb die betten geblockt hat, ist allerdings schon abgelaufen, aber vielleicht hast du ja Glück!

Kommst Du schon Freitags oder erst Samstags?!

VG

Heiner
Und ich dachte es gibt ein VIP-Weltmeister Check in Service Image ich komme schon Freitags! @ Wolfgang schick mir doch mal die Daten Image

Patric

Hallo zusammen also Platz gibt es wohl noch...jetzt wäre die Frage ob bei jemandem von euch noch Platz im Zimmer war. Falls ja sagt mir bitte eure Reservierungsnummer.

Beste Grüße,

Patric

Return to “Worlds”