Meccg products value (Full sets, c/u/f sets)

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Copy that. Thanks again for sharing!
Llewy

Thanks for sharing too!

I sold a AtS set minus R1s at 150€/170$, and i think it was pretty fair now ^^

Beside that, if it could sold at 350/400$, how much for a full set? It would be terrific! 😲
CCG Collector

Well, if this eBay listing is any indicator, it seems a full R1 set would go for about $450. That's assuming rarer ones like Farmer Maggot and The Ithil-Stone aren't worth even more, of course - if you can even find them.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Kjeld

If one Itangast Roused goes for $48, I would expect a full set of R1s to go for no more than $300-$350, given that people generally pay significantly more for individual cards than they do for sets.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Kjeld wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:17 am If one Itangast Roused goes for $48, I would expect a full set of R1s to go for no more than $300-$350, given that people generally pay significantly more for individual cards than they do for sets.
I agree, at least with his general point. There are a number of factors and unknowns which significantly affect prices. If the person buying the Itangast Roused needed that card as the last 1 or 2 to complete his set, you can expect him to pay much more for it. Not many collectors attempt to complete a set by purchasing one single card at a time. Usually singles purchased are key pieces remaining for a collection, and thus they earn a premium.

As a general rule: a complete set, partial set, or lot of cards is going to always sell for much less than the aggregate prices of their individual cards.
Papylon

As i´v sold the same partial sets (No R1) of Me:As for between 70-400 I really don´t know whats driving the prices up. Perhaps it´s just a case of scarce supply, people just don´t know how to value some stuff (i certainly did not) as it comes up so seldom.

Now there are some complete sets from this seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Middle-Earth-Th ... 1438.l2649

Interesting to see what they go fore. My guess is that the Dragons, WH, Wizards estimates made in this thread are close.
kober

What could be the asking price for a complete player's set? I.e. three of each non-unique and one of each unique cards from each set.
Kjeld

I saw an Ebay listing a couple of months ago for a complete English set of MECCG, which went for around US $1,000, I believe. That was one-of every card, though, not a playset.
tyhjaarpa

Kjeld wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:02 pm I saw an Ebay listing a couple of months ago for a complete English set of MECCG, which went for around US $1,000, I believe. That was one-of every card, though, not a playset.
I think it sold for around 1200$ if my memory is not tricking me.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
Kjeld

Yes, I think you're right. I couldn't find the original listing, though, to confirm.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

That set sold for $1,025 to be exact, with only 2 bidders bidding above $630.

It was later returned to seller for being significantly other than as described.

FYI

Papylon

Some fresh prices from Ebay:

Balrog Set: 702 usd (must be a new high)
Me:Ats: 387 usd (same as before)
Me:Le (french): 75 usd (really low!)
Me:Le (english): 344 usd (average)
Me:Dragons: 43 (lowish?)
Me:Wizards: 276 usd (average to high)
Challenge decks: 159 usd (high)
Me: White hand: 129 usd (high)

Also, some of the rarer books went for quite large sums. Nice to see there seems to be great interest still, even higher than before.
CCG Collector

One thing that was rather enlightening for me was this listing for Middle-Earth CCG Maps. It went for 80 bucks, and I had always thought of it as some rare, Holy Grail of MECCG type thing - but the pictures make it look like it's just a box for the paper maps that you can get anywhere. Does anyone have any more information about that?

Also, the Wizards Starter Set went for 90 USD earlier today.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
jehu_

Yeah. I paid the $80. I haven't seen the full map set online in a while and needed it to help complete my collection.

I think I over paid a little, but again, haven't seen this online in a long time.
CCG Collector

jehu_ wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 am Yeah. I paid the $80. I haven't seen the full map set online in a while and needed it to help complete my collection.

I think I over paid a little, but again, haven't seen this online in a long time.
Heck, the only reason I didn't outbid you was because I was at a show and intermission finished up just before I could increase my bid. For something that rare, the value is heavily influenced by the fact that you don't know when you'll even get a chance to buy it again (regardless of how much it's actually "worth"). I was also after the Wizards Starter Set, and now I'm slightly regretting not bidding more.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd really like a PM or a post somewhere indicating what all you actually got with the CCG Maps thing once it arrives.

Return to “The Marketplace”