Middle-earth: The Necromancer

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

meccg fans and dream-card afficionados!

Four years ago we completed the long labour of the Firstborn and Durin's Folk expansions.
For those who joined us in this project, we hope that you have enjoyed our work and had many games with the new cards.

For those who did not join back then, you now get a second chance! We have continued developing dream-cards, and are happy to announce that a new set is nearly finished!

Middle-earth: The Necromancer (ME:NE) will restore balance to the force. It contains 225 new cards (500 copies), most of them for the minion alignment.

We have learned a lot making First Folk, and ME: The Necromancer will be even better. It will be readied for print within the next few months.
If you would like to participate in ME: The Necromancer, contact either of us, via mail or a PM.

Furthermore, if there is enough interest, a reprint of First Folk is also possible. So let us know.

kind regards
Eric & Nicolai
(aka Thorsten the Traveller & VastorPeredhil)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Fantastic news!

Sign me up for the reprint of First Folk!

Also for Necromancer!

Hoping we get enough orders to justify the reprint of FF! Might be the last opportunity to get this set!
Kjeld

I take it that the plan is to print The Necromancer as play-sets -- one of each unique and three of each non-unique card, just like was done for original The First Folk printing. I wonder, however, if there might be value in also having the option to print collector's sets, which is just one of each card. This would serve either people who don't plan to play the cards (not ideal, but nonetheless a valid interest) or people who want to play the cards but also like to keep a pristine set in binders. I understand that this might be logistically unfeasible, but would be curious to hear others way in on the pros/cons.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

For a small-scale printing, ink and paper are relatively minor costs. The offset templates, and the manhours setting the machines (printing, cutting, packaging), those make up most of the costs. Organizing 2 different printruns - as that is what it comes down to partly - would end up being relatively more expensive, or even more expensive in total. Printcompanies will not provide an exact breakdown of the costs, which also means we could not in all honesty calculate what the difference would be between a 1 of each set and a playset. Thus, as meccg is first of all a game, preference goes to the playset.
Kjeld

Ah, I hadn't realized it would be so complicated from the printer's perspective to do this. That makes sense, though, and of course the play sets should be a priority.
darkyeoman

How much are these expected to cost? I know this might depend on how many are ordered/printed, but how much would they approximately cost?
CardGameGeek

Sent you an email,but just to be sure, sign me up for both FF reprint and Necromancer.
Can't wait for other DC sets too!
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
Gothmog

I'm interested of all DC sets.

Wysłane z mojego XT1650 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Barlog's commander
callidusx3

I am very interested in this new Necromancer set and the First Folk reprint. What is the price for each set?

Miami, Florida, USA
Uwe

Hi i‘m Interested in all of Dreamcards Sets as well.As well to become a member of the Community.So please sign me in for the sets.Uwe
DM_Eonwe

Me too. All sets
BigWeather

I'm definitely interested in both The Necromancer as well as the second printing of the First Folk.

Do those two sets include all of the Dream Cards creations? I noticed other sets like Sun Lands, etc.
Darksatin

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 pm Furthermore, if there is enough interest, a reprint of First Folk is also possible. So let us know.
Hello,
If First Folk is reprinted, I suppose that some cards with text errors will be reissued correctly ?
If so, the new printing could interest players who already have the FF set...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I suppose that some cards with text errors will be reissued correctly ?
Of course.
This concerns very few cards though.
And one is still (and forever) bound to hold on to the first set, or otherwise approach us to look for a new recipient.
Darksatin

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am
I suppose that some cards with text errors will be reissued correctly ?
Of course.
This concerns very few cards though.
And one is still (and forever) bound to hold on to the first set, or otherwise approach us to look for a new recipient.
I was wondering if these few cards could be printed with the Necromancer set...

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”