Meccg products value (Full sets, c/u/f sets)

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
jehu_

I just put up a Farmer Maggot (pack fresh) as part of a rares lot on ebay. Over 350 rares.
the Jabberwock wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 pm Farmer Maggot is definitely the hardest to find of the 9 R1s.

I personally have never noticed The Ithil Stone being harder to find than any of the others, but perhaps it is for some. It is probably my favorite artwork in the game, so perhaps it gets some extra cool points for that.

All of the R1s would have been printed in equal quantities. The difference primarily lies in demand. Farmer Maggot is generally viewed as the most playable of the 9, and even shows up in some tournament decks I believe. So for those who are "collectors" and want 1 of each, the demand for all 9 are the same. But for players who don't care about owning a complete set and just want cards for their play decks, they may want a couple copies of Maggot and not care about the others.

This, IMO, is what makes Maggot the hardest to find. I value the other 8 roughly equally - all of them can be played with casually, but none are especially useful for most decks.
Kjeld

You might get better value for the R1s if you list them separately from the lot.

Return to “The Marketplace”