FS - Sets of commons/uncommons.

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
rommel

I'm putting together a list. Did you ever end up selling off the bulk of your collection like you wanted to? I'm probably not a buyer of your complete sets, but if you have piles of extra rares lying around in addition to the U/C/F cards I may be interested in your superfluous whatever too. Maybe give me an idea of what you have and what you are trying to offload? I'm open to dealing on loose grab bags on any of the sets, really.

I don't know too much about the cards as I'm just barely getting into the game but I'm trying to assemble whatever collection I can sort of ad-hoc so I can start playing.
CardGameGeek

I previously sent a PM, just in case :)
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
Neric

I have not sold anything, It's all sitting in my closet - I have FAR too many C and F cards, not 100% sure how many Us and a smattering of Rs.

The amount makes it daunting to sort. I started and got mostly sorted by card type.
ringriderstrider

Hi i am new here and to MECCG. My collection is just a few 100 cards. Looking to increase the collection for
solo playing or possible 1 on 1.
So my question is do you have a price for your whole collection ?
My BGG ID is oldschoolgamer to prove i am real.

Thanks
Todd
Located in eastern , Iowa 52402
Neric

ringriderstrider wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:27 am Hi i am new here and to MECCG. My collection is just a few 100 cards. Looking to increase the collection for
solo playing or possible 1 on 1.
So my question is do you have a price for your whole collection ?
My BGG ID is oldschoolgamer to prove i am real.

Thanks
Todd
Located in eastern , Iowa 52402
Price is hard, shipping is so expensive and the weight is great. You are relatively close since I'm in the twin cities MN.

Basically if someone comes and picks them up I'd let all the commons/fixed/uncommons go for < 100 dollars (likely far less, only reason it's not like 10 is because of the uncommons), it is litterly thousands of cards common, fixed, and a some uncommon. But exact amount could be negotiated. The full sets and rares are another story, those would take the right offer of hundreds of dollars. Good rares seem to go for 5-40 each.

I have MORE cards then anyone really needs to play, it seems a full set of perfect condition ME sets are worth 100-200+ each. Let me try to get some pictures taken so that it's actually understood just how many cards I have.

So keeping in mind this is an insane collection - so buying everything isn't cheap. But I understand this isn't Magic the Gathering - my one set of 3rd edition I sold for over 1000 usd.
Neric

Here it is, way way too many ME CCG cards.

<snip>

I have two books, <snip>

Then there are the sets:

They are stored in a binder like this:

The sets won't be cheap

I'm going to confirm everything is complete, but I believe I have every one of every single released card (not all promos) I was quite the serious ME:CCG player 20 years ago - I even won a tournament so someplace I have a one ring.

I'm not in a rush to sell any of this - the rush was this summer when we were remodeling and I have to move everything around. Now that that's done they sit in the closet waiting for the right person.
Last edited by Neric on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neric

The sets are complete, the wizards set is all black except 9 rares are blue border:
Army of the Dead
Easterlings
Great Ship
Isles of the Dead that Live
Storms of Ossë
Shelob
Silent Watcher
Uvatha the Horseman
Vygavril

Everything is mint or near mint.

Also have complete:
The Lidless Eye
The Dragons
Dark Minions
Against the Shadow
The White Hand
Balrog

I also have a Middle Earth Challenge Deck,

<snip see later notes> Someone could likely resell a lot of extra rares and make back quite a bit. But there I've gone through it all that's a good starting price. Most of the rest of the cards are sorted by type, all hazards in their own boxes etc. Quite a few of the cards are sorted alphabetically.

Anyway I'm in no rush to sell the sets at all, so if that price seems high - so be it.

<delete - selling all this at once seems impossible>

Shipping would be extra, how well you want everything protected would help determine cost to ship. Be easier if someone just picked it up in Twin Cities Minnesota.
Last edited by Neric on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neric

<delete>
Last edited by Neric on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neric

I found balrog I'll need some time to make sure it's a complete set (it should be), I didn't sell a single card or trade them and I never played with balrog.

Last edited by Neric on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Neric

Balrog set is 100% complete.

Anyway keep in mind I want to sell the thousands of cards and non sets - more then enough to get anyone a nice boost and some profit off all the extra stuff. Selling the sets is NOT my primary driver here.

I don't even want to guess how much I spent back in the 90s to amass this collection.

Given time if it doesn't sell I will break down the commons and uncommons but that could take a while. I have a lot of nostalgic feeling towards these cards - but my wife has no interest in CCGs, she'd much rather play board games.

But I also don't really need the money. This is to make someone else very happy with a instant massive collection.
Neric

OK my commons and fixed are just too many for anyone person. And it's just not realistic to ship this many cards. Which was my initial unrealistic goal.

What are people looking for - I'll break it down to a bit more manageable size. One that I could ship. I understand ppl want ATS and The Balrog, but I don't have 7000 of those.
I'll see how many sets I can make and how deep they go. I realize I'm so close to having everything sorted anyway.
I'll make a list of all the extra rares.

The only way I'll sell absolutely everything at this moment is if you show up in person and give me $1801 in cash, which is extremely unrealistic. That price is $1 more then I sold my MTG collection. And seems to be a fair valuation of this insane amount of cards.

But keep in mind my ultimate plan is to rid myself of everything but the sets. And I'm not willing to ship the sets even at $1801.
Moriquendi

I'd be interested in all of your loose Lidless Eye, White Hand, and Against the Shadow Commons/Uncommons/R2's. I would want to know a rough # of what you have of each set to negotiate a price. For example: MELE - 65 R / 113 UC / 300 C
Neric

Moriquendi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 pm I'd be interested in all of your loose Lidless Eye, White Hand, and Against the Shadow Commons/Uncommons/R2's. I would want to know a rough # of what you have of each set to negotiate a price. For example: MELE - 65 R / 113 UC / 300 C
I started sorting them - it'll be a bit before I have exact counts.
Neric

Well just to give a further Idea on sheer number of cards. I have sorted all hero regions:
This is A-O, P-Z is the stack.

I'm 2/3 done sorting dark regions:

I'm guessing blue (unlimited) havens are worthless.
Neric

Actual sale on hold - sorting cards like the top subject says, finding even more rares I didn't know I have.

I have duplicates of more rares then I am missing (duplicates being rares outside of my main sets)

Return to “The Marketplace”