Getting an untapped haven site by splitting companies

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CoE 67 has been written without imagination.
Even if it would sound:
"You may use one site card to represent location of multiple companies during the Organization Phase, but not during any other phase."
it still would be problematic.

There may be multiple companies at a site, using single site card, during Organization Phase. All attempt to move. Immediately after Organization Phase a Long-Event Phase begins. Companies are still at the site, using single site card, violating CoE 67.

@kober
I do not know from what is your inference. Conditions of CoE 67 are impossible to met if multiple companies exist at the end of Organization Phase at non-Haven site (for which exists only one site card per player).

Anyway, playing a site-tapping card taps a site card not a site. Phrase "tapping a site" is imprecise simplification; it always translates to tapping a site card.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
kober

Rephrasing my question to the following example:

During organization phase, two companies at different non-haven sites declare movement to a couple of locations represented by face-down site cards. In the course of M/H phase, I reveal these site cards and both of them happen to be the same Haven. Assuming that none of the two companies had to return to the site of origin, when exactly would I have to (if at all) remove one of these site cards?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

If you are asking about Haven site cards:
CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General wrote:Companies at the same non-Haven/non-Darkhaven site must join at the end of all
movement/hazard phases, before the site phase starts. Companies at the same Haven/
Darkhaven site may join at this time.
So at the end of all movement/hazard phases (if you will decide to join the companies).

However I must mention following:
CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General wrote:Removing the site of origin and resetting to hand size are simultaneous actions, and
they are the last actions in any movement/hazard phase. This means a moving
company is not at a site until the site phase.
[effective 11/17/97]
Underline mine.

Besides that underlined text is doubtful implication, it contradicts with first rule. It is not possible to join companies at the same site if they are not (yet) at the same site.

Choose one of them.
If you will choose second rule, then there is no answer for your question in rules.
kober

My question was not about joining companies, but about site cards for two separate companies that have just arrived at the same Haven - can their location (i.e. the same Haven) be represented by two site cards? Or do I have to remove one of these two site cards, and if yes, when?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

kober wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:04 pm Assuming that none of the two companies had to return to the site of origin, when exactly would I have to (if at all) remove one of these site cards?
I got above wrongly.

If you do not want to join the companies, then you do not remove their two separate Haven site cards.

And yes, it is possible that for example first company at Grey Havens can play Elves of Lindon (that taps its site card), and second company at Grey Havens plays Wizard Ring (that taps its other site card). All in the same turn.
kober

Awesome! That's what I meant (I apologize for not expressing myself clearly). Thank you, Konrad.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”