Akhôrahil the Ringwraith

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Akhôrahil the Ringwraith wrote:Unique. Manifestation of Akhôrahil. Can use sorcery, sprit-magic, and shadow-magic. +3 direct influence in Heralded Lord mode. +1 prowess in Fell Rider mode. As your Ringwraith, when he uses a magic card, return it to the play deck and reshuffle. Home Site: Any site in Nurn
I propose the following erratum:

Unique. Manifestation of Akhôrahil. Can use sorcery, sprit-magic, and shadow-magic. +3 direct influence in Heralded Lord mode. +1 prowess in Fell Rider mode. As your Ringwraith, when a magic card used by him has to be discarded, return it to the play deck and reshuffle. Home Site: Any site in Nurn

Original text does not define any timing and allows for interpretation like:
a playing permanent-event magic card (Freeze the Flesh, Well-preserved), implementing its effects and returning it to play deck, instead leaving it on target.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Theo

Perhaps there is some added rule that I'm not aware of? Otherwise:

Most of the original magic resources are played on rather than by an appropriate character. Freeze the Flesh and Well-preserved aren't even that. Maybe only Hounds of Sauron is played "by a shadow-magic using character"?

If you wanted the massive power upgrade, I'd suggest refined language. Perhaps something like:
when a magic card that used him for one of his keyword attributes is discarded

(I'm also trying to avoid the situation where, say, Well-preserved would be shuffled after some hypothetical card removed Akhorahil's keyword attributes and Well-preserved is played on him using some other shadow-magic-using character in his company.)

Or alternatively, errata all the magic cards to state that that they are used "by" something.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Wording of "magic cards" - sorcery-using, shadow-magic using, spirit-magic using character - indicates which character uses the card.
Not necessarily target character.

Text that would assert the distinction would be overly verbose.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:12 pm
Akhôrahil the Ringwraith wrote:Unique. Manifestation of Akhôrahil. Can use sorcery, sprit-magic, and shadow-magic. +3 direct influence in Heralded Lord mode. +1 prowess in Fell Rider mode. As your Ringwraith, when he uses a magic card, return it to the play deck and reshuffle. Home Site: Any site in Nurn
I propose the following erratum:

Unique. Manifestation of Akhôrahil. Can use sorcery, sprit-magic, and shadow-magic. +3 direct influence in Heralded Lord mode. +1 prowess in Fell Rider mode. As your Ringwraith, when a magic card used by him has to be discarded, return it to the play deck and reshuffle. Home Site: Any site in Nurn

Original text does not define any timing and allows for interpretation like:
a playing permanent-event magic card (Freeze the Flesh, Well-preserved), implementing its effects and returning it to play deck, instead leaving it on target.
I have a question: wouldn't this proposed erratum mean that once Freeze the Flesh or Well Preserved are later discarded that they would be reshuffled into the play deck, because the cards were still "used by him" and are now being discarded. Is this the intended effect?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Yes. I do not want to make unnecessary changes. Original text was not limited to short-event magic cards.
Do you think that it is very inconvenient to track who used Freeze the Flesh or Well Preserved?
(It is somewhat inconvenient to track which company has defeated an at home Dragon manifestation attack other than Eärcaraxë at Home, but I can live with it :) )
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Konrad Klar wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:44 pm Do you think that it is very inconvenient to track who used Freeze the Flesh or Well Preserved?
No, I do not think it is too inconvenient. I just wanted to clarify that was how you understood these cards would work. I don't really have an opinion on whether or not his ability should apply only to Short Events. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”