Middle-earth: The Necromancer

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

It sounds like there is a fair amount of interest for a First Folk reprint.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

darksatin wrote: I was wondering if these few cards could be printed with the Necromancer set...
I did plan ahead with this in mind, yes.
You'll notice, the ME:NE playset contains 495 cards. This has a reason. Since printsheets contain 110 cards, and are split into 2 packs of 55 (as any owner of First Folk knows), this means there is always space for a reprint of 55 cards of FF.

HOWEVER, 1) if there is a full FF reprint, this 55 card space will be occupied, and
2) if there is not a full FF reprint, the question remains whether I am willing to send out enveloppes to everybody containing a few cards with minor (i.e. no essential) changes. It would add days to my already heavy workload. But if you want, you might volunteer for that job, I believe you have ample experience in postal services :-)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
tbadiuk

I'd be interested in both sets as well. Is there any news regarding pricing and when it they may be available, or are things still in the works?
kober

tbadiuk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 am I'd be interested in both sets as well. Is there any news regarding pricing and when it they may be available, or are things still in the works?
Don't expect these questions to be answered here, on an open forum. Due to reasons that I don't understand, there's this "secretive" aura around DCs, so you'd need to send a PM to get a reply by email :roll:
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

what is not to understand about the semi - legality of what we do?!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Don't expect these questions to be answered here, on an open forum.
Scroll up and see some of my replies, more candid than I even care for. :roll:

But I'm not gonna respond to every individual question or demand for information, got enough things on my plate as it is.

I ask for a pm so I can give my email address and keep everybody informed via a timely group update.

Patience is a virtue my friend. What are you contributing to the meccg community, and how much time do you invest?
Fabe

Hi there !

This is my first message on this forum.
My name's Fabe and I'm a french player of METW.

Back in time : I discovered this game many years ago when I was younger and I've played a lot with some friends.
Nowadays, I've just "re-found" my old cards collection and I found the forum via some Internet researches about METW, maps and ways to complete my collection.

I'm quite interested in your DC concept !
I've read a lot of thing about it here in this forum and I found the idea really really good !

Can you send me a PM with informations about the printing of the sets please ?
Yegor

Any news on when it's ready?
Asking not because of impatience, but because have other purchases down the line, but can only allow myself one major buy a month. Don't want to keep people, who reserve other things for me, waiting.
Thanks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Preparations for The Necromancer are close to conclusion. It has taken a little longer than expected, for several reasons.

- we recently had the pleasure to meet Coleman Charlton, original creator of MECCG, and he provided us with new possibilities and ideas to improve our cards.
- thanks to the number of participants we have financial room to do an offset print test with the actual print company (better than digital simulation test).
- we've had to find replacement artwork when particular artists could not give us their permission.

To proceed to the next step, I will start informing each participant in the project with the details. This will take a week or two; if afterwards you have not received an email, check your spamfolder and/or contact me.

nb. due to popular demand and cheer at Lure, we will take new orders for another printing of the playmats. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3204
SLP2000

Hello,

I'm a long time (from 90ties), but currently inactive MECCG player. But I'd be very interested in this set. And also in First Folk set, if it's going to be reprinted.

Should I contact someone regarding The Necromancer Set?

Thanks,
SLP2000
Kjeld

Are there any others in the California Bay Area who are planning to purchase The Necromancer set and would like to combine shipping? Please PM me if so.
DamienX207
Council Member

Hi Eric et al, since it's been almost 3 months since the last update on this thread, could your eager fans please get another update on the current state of production / current ETA for when these sets might be shipped? Thank you!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

We are still at it, though a bit delayed due to creating awesome playmats for the reprint (as the demand was really high after LURE) as well as creating ... well you will see,

Eric is hip deep into the work, and I can do only small things as things finalize

yours Nicolai ;) DC Team
Yegor

My guess is the lads are already on the Canadian border with our money. :P
I don't see any other explanation for such a delay.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Yep Niagara Falls is awesome in the summer....

we are still in the pipeline, still there are issues not under our control which force us to wait . . .

also 1st playmats were send these last couple of weeks

yours Nicolai & Eric

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”