Worlds 2018 in the Netherlands

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

MECCG World Championship 2018
This year´s World Championship will take place in the Netherlands. Mark Alfano & Eric Dane will be our hosts this time. Here are the details:

When?
26-28 October, 2018

Where?
Assumburg Castle, Tolweg 9, 1967 NG Heemskerk. https://www.stayokay.com/en/hostel/heemskerk
This is 25 km from both Amsterdam and Amsterdam Airport. Transport from nearby trainstation will be provided.

Facilities?
We have reserved rooms at the StayOkay hostel, located within the castle, and a conference room for gaming.
Much like Castle Stahleck, most rooms are 4+ people (private rooms are available for an extra fee).
Food and drinks are served on site, breakfast and diner are included in the price, which is about € 42 per night.

How to register?
Go to this URL and fill in the registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/ThoQ3cIAvsTFyHgg2.

Schedule:

Friday:
noon - 1:00 PM: lunch
1:00 PM - 6:30 PM: hero 1-deck / challenge decks
6:30 PM - : dinner and hero sealed

Saturday:
9 AM - 1 PM: Semi-finals, rounds 1-2
1 PM - 2 PM: lunch
2 PM - 4:30 PM: Semi-finals, rounds 3-4
4:30 PM - 8 PM: break & dinner
8 PM - : drinking game / Hamburger scenario

Sunday:
9 AM - 1 PM: Finals, rounds 1-2 / dream cards rounds 1-2
1 PM - 2 PM: lunch
2 PM - 4 PM: Finals, round 3 / dream cards round 3

And of course informal games available at all times.

We hope you will come and make this year's Worlds a success!
Last edited by zarathustra on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.alfanos.org
Patric

I will come but I Need to know what is the earliest Time i can use for my Return flight on sunday? Of course it will be from Amsterdam. Just in case I reach the Finals 😉

Best regards and See you soon,

Patric
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Great! you should know there's a special rule, people who have won Worlds 3x or more get a -6 TP penalty in qualifiers :-)

We'll probably round up sunday at 3 pm. From Heemskerk it's an hour trainride to Amsterdam Airport (4x per hour).

But, since anybody coming by car will be passing Amsterdam Airport upon returning home, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to hitch a ride, cutting that time down to half an hour.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am Great! you should know there's a special rule, people who have won Worlds 3x or more get a -6 TP penalty in qualifiers :-)
but then the chance is even bigger that players like you and me end up being qualified for finals, who dont want to play and drop. as a result even the handicapped players will make it to the finals again ;-)
Patric

-6tp would still be possible, but if you say that i am not allowed to use my falle radagast...that would hurt ;-)

I booked my flight an arrivie on friday in Amsterdam Schiphol at 12:30 if someone can catch me Update there, that would be great.

I Foul a flight on sunday at 21:15 so i am quite save.

Best regards and See you soon.

Patric

P.S. What a Game yesterday against sweden ;-)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Ah yes, I forgot, special rule, Fallen-Radagst decks are allowed, but only if you start the game with Galva and/or Arinmir :P

Great, I intend to be there early friday, so it might be possible to pick you up.

I was in Paris over the weekend with the meccg community there, and we kept 1 eye on the football match. I don't want to create trouble between friendly neighbours, but let's just say there were more curses than cheers in the 95th minute :-)

@Thorondor. Damn your irrefutable logic! But, amazing prizes will make everybody want to play the finals this year...
Yegor

Post some pics for all the rest of the mere mortals, will you?
Logain
Ex Council Member

thorondor wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 pm as a result even the handicapped players will make it to the finals again ;-)
Great, i'll think about coming then ^^
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Pics of what exactly? The meccg meet-up in Paris? Not sure there are any, we were playing games most of the time :wink:
Sorry, many of us are oldschool geezers who do not feel the need to record everything or express themselves on social media to validate their existence. But involving people is always good, sure. And if there is an interest in such things, I'll try to pay more attention next time and take pictures (if the host of the event agrees, it was at his house). Well, next time might be Worlds, so there will be plenty of pictures.
Yegor

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 am Pics of what exactly? many of us are oldschool geezers
And who needs the pics of the old geezers?! Give us the pics of prizes! :x
Olwe

Hi everyone,

it's been some time since I last had contact with ME:TW but I thought it might be nice to write up an article on the upcoming Worlds and Lure.

Thorondor may still know me as I kinda cajoled him many years ago to found the Austrian Tolkien Society :)

So, what would you like to have in the article? Let me know!

Best wishes,

Olwe
aka Marcel
aka the Tolkienist
www.thetolkienist.com
Muad'Dib

Hi guys, do you have a list of registered players?
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Eonwe

Where can we find the info for the payment of the fee?
Greenfield

Hi there,

Could I get a little more information on how the following formats work, please:

- Hero 1-Deck
- Sealed Decl
- Booster Draft

Thanks,

- Greenfield
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Greenfield wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:22 pm Could I get a little more information on how the following formats work, please:

- Hero 1-Deck
- Sealed Decl
- Booster Draft
Hero 1-Deck: Hero is the only alignment that is allowed. 1-deck refers to the victory conditions as outlined in the rules (I underlined the important part below):
1 · THE VICTORY CONDITIONS
The game ends when one of the following occurs during play:
1) If your Wizard is “eliminated” (i.e., through combat or corruption) – your opponent wins.
2) If you move The One Ring to Mount Doom and play certain cards – The One Ring is destroyed and you win.
3) Otherwise, the winner is decided at the Free Council. This council is called when one of the following occurs:
• When each play deck has been exhausted once, the council starts at the end of the current turn.
• After you have exhausted your play deck for the first time, you may choose to call the council at the end of any of your turns. The council starts at the end of your opponent's next turn (i.e., your opponent gets one last turn).
• You may choose to call the council at the end of your turn if you have accumulated at least 20 marshalling points. The council starts at the end of your opponent's next turn (i.e., your opponent gets one last turn).
There are also 2-deck, 3-deck and 4-deck games. In normal tournaments usually the 2-deck format is used.

For Sealed Deck and Booster Draft look here.

Return to “Worlds”