MECCG at ConQuest Avalon, 9-11 November

TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Just got back from a mini-Entmoot at the Goblin King’s lair (Sacramento, CA), and had a great time! The venue for our Thursday 20 Sept gathering was Great Escape Games, located just east of downtown, and I was impressed with the amount of floorspace! We played a Hero Arda and a Minion Arda game over a span of 10 hours, plus a side session of Fallen Gandalf vs Fallen Alatar.

So, as a follow-up and on behalf of Goblin King, we would like to announce that there will be MECCG at the ConQuest Avalon during the weekend of 9-11 November! Exact times and formats will be announced, but the venue is the McClellan Conference Center—see link below:

http://conquestavalon.com

Hope to see you there!

TradewindRider
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Awesome!

PM me all the relevant info if you'd like me to add it to our home page under Upcoming Events.

:D
TradewindRider

Will do, Jabberwock, just awaiting the exact events and schedule. Rest assured both Hero Arda and Minion Arda will be on the agenda, plus I'm bringing a plethora of my constructed decks for 1v1 or multi-player.
Kjeld

I will see if I can make it out to Sacramento for this. I'm not sure of those dates at the moment, but it would be a lot of fun to finally try out the Minion Arda game!
TradewindRider

Greetings Kjeld,

Long time no see, and great to hear from you--it would be great if you can make it up to Sacramento second weekend of November! I don't believe we've seen each other since Worlds was in Oakland--and that was 4 years ago!

Arda Minion is a very interesting environment, as most of us are unfamiliar with Nazgul vs Nazgul games. I was talking to Gandalf Gene that I've constructed Sauron/Lidless Eye decks and a parallel Nazgul deck for tourneys, but am really in a fog when it comes to pure Nazgul games.

I'll be bringing lots of MECCG decks plus a smattering of other LotR games as well, hope to see you there!

TradewindRider
CCG Collector

On the Facebook group, someone mentioned that a player had brought some souped-up versions of the wizard challenge decks to the previous event. If those show up again this time, and someone can record the decklists and post them here, that would be fantastic. Also, I'm perpetually interested in the Dark Arda deck, both in how it plays and any thoughts or changes after each time it's tested. Definitely post thoughts on that afterward as well.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I have some "souped up" versions of the original CDs using DCs from all sets to make them actually playable and fun ;)

I can post these if you want them here as well

yours Vastor
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

CCG Collector, thanks for your interest in the souped-up CDs--I have to defer to Gandalf Gene as the decks are his, but I will certainly mention it to him. The decks (A/B/C/D) have been quite stable for about 4-5 years now, and I don't think there are more than a half-dozen changes each for the resource and hazard sides, with a few additional sites thrown in. They do give my constructed decks a run for their money--so either Gandalf Gene's souped-up CDs are really good, or I'm just bad at constructed decks, lol!

We played a 4-player Minion Arda at Great Escape Games (Sacramento, CA) last week, and it was a fairly straightforward game from what I can remember. I shared a Nazgul slot with someone else because we had a bit of a time limit and we didn't want to go to a 5-player. We actually had a pretty decent draft, almost as in constructed, as we got a Lieutenant and Gorbag and two Orc Scouts, but we didn't draw many favorable MP cards and certainly no gold rings to go after. But we did play with a slightly thinned-down event deck per our feedback from Strategicon in Los Angeles earlier this month, so the play did seem a bit more streamlined.

Vastor, many thanks for your offer--would be great to see your DC enhancements to the CDs, at your convenience, thanks!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

Sounds like a fun event. I wish that I could make it.
TradewindRider

Greetings CDavis7M,

I'll be driving up there for the weekend, so I'll have "boots on the ground"--if you are able to fly in and back out the same day, I can certainly provide transport...just let me know!

If not, no worries, we'll be at StrategiCon next February, as usual. :)

TradewindRider
Goblin King

Hey everyone,
I'm late to the party and I'm the one throwing it! Oh well, thanks for getting things underway and building buzz. I've submitted two events for Saturday Nov. 10th.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hero ARDA game 2 to 5 players
3 p.m. to 9 p.m. DARK ARDA game 2 to 9 players
I wasn't planning on submitting any more formal event than that, but I'm certainly open to playing on Friday or Sunday. We can set up informal gatherings on those days for constructed decks or other things.
We can also switch those two around if we want to and run Dark Arda first.
The two events should be up on the Avalon website before too long.

PS I like the TradewindRider reference to Sacramento as my lair. So should we call Sacramento Goblin's Gate or the Council of High Pass? I will have to ponder this further.
TradewindRider

Greetings Goblin King,

Sounds like a plan! I'll text you when I arrive in town on Friday, 9 Nov--likely around 6:00 or so, as I need to get dinner first. I'm there all day Saturday and most of Sunday as well--I'll coordinate with Gandalf Gene.

TradewindRider
Goblin King

My two time slots for the game on Saturday have been confirmed. We will see everyone there!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I posted the challenge decks in DC versions within the decks section added them as zip file

yours Vastor
TradewindRider

Goblin King, sounds like a plan, see you there! And Vastor, many thanks!

TradewindRider

Return to “USA MECCG Community”