MECCG at Kingdom-Con in San Diego, 12-14 April 2019

TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Plans are under discussion to hold MECCG events at the subject event! This is Kingdom-Con's 10th anniversary and is the first time we are considering attendance--this convention is not as large as the Los Angeles StrategiCon that we attend 3 times a year, and we are not "Resident GMs" as we are at StrategiCon. That said, San Diego has a very dedicated and thriving community, and the Crowne Plaza hotel is very nicely located at the hotel circle near the junctions of the 8 and 5 freeways. Following is the link to the convention site--the event schedule should be available soon:

http://www.kingdom-con.com

At this time, I am planning to be available for MECCG on Sunday during the day until 6:00 PM, as Game of Thrones Season 8 debuts here in the US that night, and I'll be participating in a Game of Thrones CCG tourney on Saturday. However, Gandalf Gene and I should be available part of Saturday and perhaps Friday as well, so please mark your calendar if you're interested, and stay tuned!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

Thanks for posting about this. I have not attended Kingdom Con before. I'd love to go but I would need to match schedules with you guys due to childcare.

I could be available Friday night (maybe even all day). And/or early morning-afternoon (probably until 4 or 5) on either Saturday or Sunday.

Regardless, I can definitely find some time to meet up if you guys are going.

Though, I am not sure whether or not to schedule an official event vs just playing in an open gaming area.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

TradewindRider

Greetings Chris,

Thanks for chiming in--if you're available on Friday, Gandalf Gene and I will do our best to be there on Friday as well! The game plan now is to just take up a couple of spaces in the open gaming area, though there might not be room for our BIG Middle-Earth map, lol!

I'm keeping an eye for when their event schedule is available, there is a contact email in the convention Web site that we can use if we want to schedule an official window!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

I could definitely be there Saturday morning/afternoon, but it seems like you guys will be fairly busy then. I think I could arrange to be there all day Sunday (instead of Saturday). Which would seem to work better for you both, right?

Potentially I could be there Friday during the day (but not the night) depending on my work schedule. But maybe it's not worth going to the effort.

TradewindRider

Greetings Chris,

I talked with Gandalf Gene yesterday and we can actually commit to all day Friday, especially when I mentioned to him that the convention actually starts on Thursday. I am actually available part of Saturday as well, aside from the Game of Thrones CCG tourney I'm participating in. And I am free all of Sunday until about 6:00, as I need to make it back home for the debut of the Game of Thrones Season 8.

I believe you have Gandalf Gene's personal contact info, please feel free to contact him directly and work out what's best for you, thanks!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

I talked with Gene. I'll be there Saturday morning and afternoon, but probably won't be staying late.

I plan to be there Friday during the "work day". But I may get pulled into work beyond my control. Even if I do, hopefully not for too long.

See you there.

TradewindRider

Greetings Chris,

Sounds like a plan! I'll bring Gene's Hero Arda for Friday, and for Saturday we'll focus on pre-constructed decks and the usual deep discussions on deck design. See you there!

TradewindRider
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Just saw a posting on the Kingdom-Con Web site that this 10th anniversary event will be their last one--now that we just fit the event into our MECCG schedule, so sad!

So, if you're available for MECCG in San Diego, we will be there at the Crowne Plaza in the hotel circle on Friday, 12 Apr, through Sunday, 14 Apr. Let's help make this last Kingdom-Con one to remember!

TradewindRider
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Just a quick update, we will have MECCG at Kingdom-Con (Crowne Plaza Hotel in San Diego) on Friday 12 April and Saturday 13 April. Gandalf Gene and CDavis7M are confirmed for both days, while I will be available on Friday but not Saturday (participating in the Game of Thrones CCG tourney). Hope to see others there, thanks!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

Yup! I'm going. I ordered a multi-day pass. You save $6-7 with the pre-order online.
CDavis7M

By the way, the event really is not happening again in 2020.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GAMES! KINGDOM-CON WILL NOT BE RETURNING IN 2020.
Posted on February 19, 2020 by Ross Thompson - Uncategorized

Should have posted this up sooner.

Thank you to everyone who attended Kingdom-Con. If you were a first timer last year or had attended all 10 years of the show, we had a fantastic time. But sometimes we find ourselves going down a different path and things change over 10 years. We will not be returning to Kingdom-Con in 2020.

When we first started Kingdom-Con, we had around 200 attendees and last year we had around 1500 give or take. It was amazing to be a part of the growing and thriving tabletop community here in San Diego and to be a home for many of the clubs and events we celebrated. Many clubs, groups and people all came together to make this convention happen and Ill never be able to thank you all enough for all the time, effort and passion you all put into this event.

Thank you to all the staff, all the volunteers and of course the gamers who all came to Kingdom-Con.

There have been a lot of people reaching out wondering what is happening for this year. But, Kingdom-Con as we know it is no more and we will not be having Kingdom-Con in 2020.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at – kingdomconsd@gmail.com

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you around at local game stores and events in San Diego!
TradewindRider

Greetings Chris,

Thanks for letting us know, I figured they'd have a tough time finding a new venue.

TradewindRider

Return to “USA MECCG Community”