The Ithil-Stone

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

THE ITHIL‐STONE ‐ Special Item (R) [MP: 5; CP: 4]
Unique. Palantír. Playable at Barad‐dûr. When character taps to play the Ithil‐stone, make a roll. If the result plus the number of scouts in the company is greater than 9, the Ithil‐stone is successfully played. Otherwise, the bearer is eliminated and the Ithil‐stone is placed in your out‐of‐play pile. Bearer makes a corruption check at the end of each of his untap phases. Bane of the Ithil‐stone is discarded and cannot be played. If the Lidless Eye is in play, its playerʹs hand size decreases by 2.

I propose the following Card Erratum:
THE ITHIL‐STONE ‐ Special Item (R) [MP: 5; CP: 4]
Unique. Palantír. Playable at Barad‐dûr. When character taps to play the Ithil‐stone, make a roll. If the result plus the number of scouts in the company is greater than 9, the Ithil‐stone is successfully played. Otherwise, the bearer is eliminated and the Ithil‐stone is placed in your out‐of‐play pile. Bearer makes a corruption check at the end of each of his untap phases. Bane of the Ithil‐stone is discarded and cannot be played. If a manifestation of The Lidless Eye is in play, its playerʹs hand size decreases by 2.
(bold mine)

Sauron and The Necromancer didn't exist when this card was printed. I believe ICE would have meant for this item to affect all manifestations of Sauron.

Reference Topic: None
CDavis7M

This change makes sense.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”