Lidless Eye Players Guide

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
jehu_

Anyone have an extra Lidless Eye Players Guide they are willing to sell?

Looking to spend $80-$100 depending on its condition.

Thanks. [-me_dha-]
CDavis7M

Did you find one yet? There have been a few on ebay recently (see the links below). I got one a few months back that was pretty scuffed on the cover but otherwise good condition for $70 shipped. I recently picked up all of these (TW, TD, DM, LE) and have gone though TW, TD, and just skimmed DM and LE. Anyway, I just wanted to say that maybe the books are not worth the costs (unless you are just collecting).

A lot of the information in these is fairly obvious, especially the card reviews. Or some times it's just chart of information already known from the cards. Or, they will spent a page telling you how Marvels Told is a BIG DEAL ("OK, we all know that now"). But the beginning sections do have some interesting parts. Like, they include neat comparisons of the Wizards and Ringwraiths. But any experienced player could tell you that. Or there are discussions on the old MECCG boards. The books do include some neat some sample decks (the sage+Riddle deck in TD).

Maybe at some point I'll try to skim the best information out of these and post it here.

Bent corner, starting at $50 But It Now at $100.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Middle-Earth-T ... SwlkFdOQIT

This one with the companion at $150.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Middle-Earth-T ... SwUGddNeJi
d_fens

Too bad neither of those sellers ship outside of US :(
CCG Collector

You could try contacting them to see if they'll make an exception. I tend to list items on eBay as only shipping to the US to make things simple, but I've shipped internationally before, as long as the buyer is willing to pay the extra shipping costs.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
jehu_

Thanks for the heads up. Got the Players Guide rather cheaply.
d_fens

I gave up. Shipping cost combined with eBay's GSP import fees exceeded the price of the book itself :/
CDavis7M

Where are you located? I see plenty of MECCG auctions on the various international eBay sites.
d_fens

CDavis7M wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:12 pm Where are you located? I see plenty of MECCG auctions on the various international eBay sites.
I'm in Poland.
I'm not looking for cards anymore (except 1.5 copy of Balrog), but I'd like to complete my book collection. They rarely show up in Europe.
US sellers usually ship internationally through eBay's Global Shipping Programme (I don't blame them, it's convenient), which unfortunately is rather costly for the buyer :(

I had the most luck looking on ebay.co.uk. One day I'll get them all.
CDavis7M

A little expensive over on ebay.de (ah, it is the US seller actually)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Middle-Earth-Th ... SwUGddNeJi

Maybe you can console yourself with these awesome pink dice
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Middle-Earth-CC ... SwiKdc6wsY

Yegor

d_fens wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:37 pm I'm in Poland.
US sellers usually ship internationally through eBay's Global Shipping Programme (I don't blame them, it's convenient), which unfortunately is rather costly for the buyer :(
I had the most luck looking on ebay.co.uk. One day I'll get them all.
Don't you have forwarding companies in Poland? You know, with warehouses in US. You order delivery in US to their warehouse, and then they ship it with other packets to Poland.
There is a number of such companies in Ukraine. I've been using the services of one such company for almost two years now. And am completely satisfied. They have warehouses in US, UK and Poland. Compared with GSP from US what I pay is 4-5 times lower. My recent purchase on eBay US - seller's GSP delivery cost $40+ to Ukraine, I paid $3.99 for delivery in the US and will pay $4.9 for delivery to Ukraine.
d_fens

Your eBay seller agreed to ship the item to the US-located warehouse instead of your PayPal billing address?
From my experience they don't want to do that.
Or was your purchase on eBay done by forwarding company?
Yegor

d_fens wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am Your eBay seller agreed to ship the item to the US-located warehouse instead of your PayPal billing address?
From my experience they don't want to do that.
Or was your purchase on eBay done by forwarding company?
The warehouse address is considered my postal address on eBay. I also have a UK-warehouse address there, as well as my normal address in Ukraine. Depending on the shipping rates I choose which one to make the main address, what the seller sees and where the packet is sent. I don't think they see my billing address.
And I buy myself. After the seller gives me the tracking number, I fill the form on the FC site. That's all.
I suggest you look into the issue, as US shipping prices to Europe are ridiculous and you might save a lot of money.
CDavis7M

Yegor has a good idea. I have looked into such services myself but I didn't end up needing to use them. They are often called "courier services." If you search for "courier" "shipping" and the countries, you can probably find a company to help you. I have even seen ones where they will place and pay for the order for you, and then you simply pay them.

Return to “The Marketplace”