New Member Introduction

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
CategoryOneGames.com

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, just to introduce myself, I played up till about Dragons and then bought only packs here and there from then on out. I'm now getting back into the game (can you do that without a local play base) and I've bought a lot of collections as well as the Player guides and have been reading through them (sad that they stop at the Lidless Eye, would love to get up to date card images and rulings like the books have)

I'm very much involved with the Star Wars CCG and their player committee and I run many of the Western US events and help set them up.

I would love to find players in my area and throughout the US for this game and would enjoy getting to play this game some.

I would like to get involved with this game and helping it survive and maybe actually grow. I know Virtual Cards/sets have been talked about and after going through 15 with the SWCCG group, I know it can really help a gaming group and bring life and energy to it. It would be really cool to see it hapen with this group.

As I said, I would like to get involved with the Council, as well as finding players in the US. I'm trying to re-learn the game and all the rules (SO MANY OF THEM) as well as picking up boxes and collections so that I can see what all the cards do and such.

The sets I'm having the hardest time finding sealed product for is Dark Minions, Against the Shadow and the Balrog expansions. Everything else I've been able to pick up some boxes and am excited to start opening packs eventually.
Come visit me at www.CategoryOneGames.com or if your in Utah, hit me up at Scott@categoryonegames.com and we can get in a game of cards.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Hey Scott, good to see you made it here. :)

For finding players there is a link of global player list at the main page of council of elrond. Also our current chairman of the Council of Elrond is american, maybe he can help you with adresses and such in Amerika.

For learing to play again, I would suggest using the software of GccG. Its easy online access to the cards comparable to holotable, and people there are usually willing to help out.

Finding Balrog and AtS sets is difficult to do, as those sets either had a limited print run (Balrog) or heard to find R1 so people bought a lot of boxes.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
CategoryOneGames.com

Cool, I'll start looking into the things you sugested. I never have used Holotable or played online so I'm a total Noob at that sort of thing, I've tried Gengine and Holotable before and could never figure them out.

I've found Dark Minions boxes for about 130 and I just think that's a little high. I also saw 1 of the Balrog starters on eBay the other week and someone did the BIN for 150 or so, I couldn't believe it, those must be tough to find.
Come visit me at www.CategoryOneGames.com or if your in Utah, hit me up at Scott@categoryonegames.com and we can get in a game of cards.
CategoryOneGames.com

I tried logging into the front page of COE and was told my login failed, yet I can log in here just fine. I was wondering how I could get on the Playlist and how you can contact people on it.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

You dont need to log in to vie wit actually, just go straight to global player list.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
CategoryOneGames.com

I got an email from a player on here in the US that sent a long email that I was going to respond to when my email crashed and all my former emails went bye bye. I'm sorry I haven't written you back but I don't have your address anymore, if you want to email me again at CategoryOneGames@yahoo.com I will respond and I remember what you mentioned, so you don't have to include that email from before.
CategoryOneGames.com

Also, does anyone know the moderator or does anyone use MeCCG.net anymore, I've signed up there but no one has okayed me to actually be able to log in.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Are you really from Utah!!!?????? (Shivers with a dreadful hope)
Tegarend

Hi C1G! Nice to see more SW/MECCG crossover people :)

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”