Worthless Sites

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Looking it over, there's no possible reason for any Minion Company to want to visit Wellinghall or Old Forest aside from desperate CvCC in an attempt to win the game.

Minion Wellinghall:

Playable: Items (Minor, Major)
Automatic Attacks (3):
Awakened Plant: 3 at 10
Awakened Plant: 2 at 12
Awakened Plant: 1 at 18 (Cannot Be Canceled)

Special: Resource permanent events which state "cannot be duplicated at a given site" may be duplicated here.

Meant to be used with any potential Awakened Plant-Enhancing Hazards.

Minion Old Forest:
Playable: Items (Minor, Major)
Automatic Attacks (3):
Awakened Plant: 1 at 15
Maia: 2 at 15 (cannot be canceled)
Maia: 2 at 15 (cannot be canceled)
Special: A company must tap a Ranger when this site is revealed. Ignore any effect which would replace or remove the automatic attacks at this site. Ring Special Items (other than The One Ring) may be played at this site, tapping the site when played (no Gold Rings Items or Tests are required). Tap a Sage and a Ranger during the site phase to untap this site.

Probably overpowered, but those sites ought to be worth something.
marcos
Council Member

a bit too hard to enter that sites IMHO, but the "specials" are good... Those sites looks like places for a new active RW company to visit ;)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The funny thing is, I really didn't buff the auto-attacks that much over the original versions -- that's why I felt they deserved stronger abilities.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Essentially, this deserves a discussion along two threads:

1) Do we believe there are enough non-duplicable minion resource events that can be played at Wellinghall which would make for a cool deck strategy?

2) Do we believe that minion rings (besides the One) are hard enough to play that Old Forest (V) would become a useful strategy for buff companies which can't test rings?

Let me add that I think these are *really cool* special effects... nice job especially on Wellinghall, 'cause now Minions have their own way of "mining" the site!

An alternative for Old Forest would read something like this: "If opponent has a hero company here..." followed by the rest of the ring-testing abilities. This would give a minion company something to do at the site which is pretty cool BESIDES attacking the hero player. We could even write on the card that such attacks are cancelled. With the preponderance of hero decks going to this site, this minion card would provide a nifty metagame strategy for the minion player to punish the hero player who goes there by rewarding himself with a ring. Note that this ring could even be sideboarded! The minion deck need not be a full-out ring deck.

Frodo
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote:Essentially, this deserves a discussion along two threads:

1) Do we believe there are enough non-duplicable minion resource events that can be played at Wellinghall which would make for a cool deck strategy?
smoke on the wind is the only one that matters ;)
but this are some others:
seize pritioners
people diminished
Frodo wrote:2) Do we believe that minion rings (besides the One) are hard enough to play that Old Forest (V) would become a useful strategy for buff companies which can't test rings?
i think that the problem are not the rings, but the test, the only test available for minions is test of fire (we can consider black rain too like some kind of)

Maybe adding "If tom bombadil is in play, remove the maia automatic attacks from this site" could be an idea to consider, just like minion Rosghobel...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Wellinghall: Add "This site is also considered to be a Border-Hold for all Minion Resources playable at a Border-Hold." I took a look and realized that many of the non-duplicable cards also tap the site and keep it tapped, so perhaps allowing Rick, Cot, etc. will help.

Old Forest: I don't think the Tom attacks should be removed -- Tom is never far from home and Goldberry. To sweeten the pot, though, how about "Stolen Knowledge. When this site would otherwise be discarded, it goes instead to your MP pile -- this card is then worth 3 Miscellaneous MPs." I found that any ring deck is sufficiently hard, and Minions have the biggest chances of being screwed on the Ring Tests.
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:Wellinghall: Add "This site is also considered to be a Border-Hold for all Minion Resources playable at a Border-Hold." I took a look and realized that many of the non-duplicable cards also tap the site and keep it tapped, so perhaps allowing Rick, Cot, etc. will help.
dunno... playing both smoke on the wind and burning rick cot at the same site and being able to duplicate them will be kind of too much...
Bandobras Took wrote:Old Forest: I don't think the Tom attacks should be removed -- Tom is never far from home and Goldberry. To sweeten the pot, though, how about "Stolen Knowledge. When this site would otherwise be discarded, it goes instead to your MP pile -- this card is then worth 3 Miscellaneous MPs." I found that any ring deck is sufficiently hard, and Minions have the biggest chances of being screwed on the Ring Tests.
i like it
Nerdmeetsyou

I don't believe in ALTERING SITES.
I think that would be a little bit confusing...
We should rather create strong cards, which are only playable there!!!

Maybe a minion version of Ent-draughts...*G*
by using the hero card....
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Why is it any more confusing to alter a site than to alter a character or resource?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I agree with Boder but more on a thematical note, not in principle. I'd like to see rather a mission for these sites then to just do the standard burning or seizing, anyway how you're going to get that Ent home?
There was actually a reason why minions never go to these places, Bombadil scares the s**t out of them, they have no interests in the place.

So, I like Old Forest for its ability way better than Wellinghall, like Tom has discarded some rings he couldn't be bothered about and now they're lying around, great! but that could perhaps also be added on some resource, if none can be found, then indeed why not on a site? The auto's might seem big, but remember there's Snaga V, so if he lives they're halved, and then just sacrifice two brawlers.....maybe to go there even tap ranger and scout, or make a roll, so why the untap site ability? If you get in there at all it's by way of attrition, you don't get time to search better, you think that to prepare for use of this site the effort warrants multiple use?
It's a Border, so you can play WHCtK on some Tracker ( :? ). Balrog can even play some Crooked from sideboard, and anyway there's Come by Night!!

Will try to think of something for Wellinghall, y'all know I like missions :wink: , maybe recruit multiple blackboles there, can make a new Blackbole playable at Wellinghall that's not unique and that gets stronger the more huorns you play on your opponent, like recruiting your own tree army to counter Fangorn....oh well.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Will try to think of something for Wellinghall, y'all know I like missions :wink: , maybe recruit multiple blackboles there, can make a new Blackbole playable at Wellinghall that's not unique and that gets stronger the more huorns you play on your opponent, like recruiting your own tree army to counter Fangorn....oh well.
oh man... that amused me
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well, we aime to please :wink:
but it was not ment only to be funny.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Development”