Costing an MeCCG collection?

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Jambo

Hey folks,

How much in £ would 1 (in fact, this is closer to 2) complete set of MeCCG cards expect to fetch these days? This includes 2 MeBa sets, countless additional rares, and with all cards being in mint/near mint condition (and sleeved).

I'm considering selling.

Best

Jamie
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

1 shiney USD which I will be more than happy to give to you :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I wouldn't settle for under 700 pounds per set (one each). right now 1 pound is about 1 euro, right?

don't do it Jamie, for the love of god, you might regret it and then there's only gccg, that can't be healthy...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
domse
Ex Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:and then there's only gccg, that can't be healthy...
tztztz....gccg and unhealthy...what comes next? meccg is a boring game for kids?
Tegarend

If you find somebody who's willing to pay 700€ for a set, gimme a sign, Jambo :). If he wants one, maybe he wants 2.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

700 is never enough!! and of course you will regret it one day.
Jambo

£700 !

It's hard to imagine someone shelling out that on e-bay... lol. Hmm, perhaps, it would be a better idea to sell sets individually?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

economic recession striking hard? :?
that figure was based on the value of separate sets indeed, minus a bit. But many people would concider it steep to pay that price in once.
so far nobody dares mention their price ideas though, so that tells you something.

@domse; if everybody plays only online and never participates in real life events anymore, then I would certainly consider that a detriment to the game.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Playing online is the only thing I can do -- I can't even afford to travel to the East Coast of the US, let only go overseas to Europe . . . :(
Jambo

I just don't use them so they sit collecting dust. With a houseful of the female of the species, I doubt that situation is going to improve drastically over time. ;)

Ultimately they'd be better off being loved and adored by some other person; one who's got the time to play and the playgroup to play with!

Plus, I feel I've really exhausted my patience and desires for MeCCG. If I fancy a quick spin, I'd do it on GCCG.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

You could always donate them for prize support. I know I'm starting to collect for US Nats.

As for prices, I can't see for any individual set.

But Balrog has been going for around 250-350 on ebay per set.

White hand is roughly 50

Dragons 30

DM 125

AtS unknown but would guess 200

Wizards unknown but would guess 200

LE unknown but woudl guess 200

So you're looking roughly at 1000 USD give or take. However I doubt you'll find anyone wililng to shell out that kind of money for a game with so few players. Most of us have most of the cards we need at this point and are only looking for a few specific things.

Again I'd go the donation route :)

Could always use nice prizes!!!
Bruce
Ex Council Member

I've seen MEAS boxes going away on ebay for roughly 280 $, I guess that's more or less the price a whole MEAS set could be sold for. The other estimations made by Sauron are pretty correct. Maybe the MELE set could be worth more if the Ringwraiths are 3x, then its value for the purpose of playing would be much higher.

If you really want to sell all your cards, I strongly suggest selling sets separately, for the reasons already given by the others: it is hard to believe that somebody would spend so much money for a whole MECCG set: a collector probably just needs to finish a couple of sets, but would be still interested in purchasing the whole set he partially misses, he can still trade the duplicated cards. A newbie is very unlikely to spend all that money to play a game which so hardly can be played in real life... *sighs*
(@Thorsten: real life play is of course more interesting than online playing, but many people simply don't have any chance at all to play IRL, they can't be blamed for that, simply they've no choice)

Anyway, I'd also consider keeping the cards for future teaching of "how to play MECCG" to your kids... :wink:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I never ment to reproach people playing online, of course not, but if you don't own real cards, you can't play the game in real life should the occasion arrise, and that's a damn shame.
tbadiuk

If you Ebay the sets individually you should be able to clear $1000 USD easily per complete set. This is coming for somebody who watches Ebay religously for MECCG stuff. 8)

Ted
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

tbadiuk wrote:If you Ebay the sets individually you should be able to clear $1000 USD easily per complete set. This is coming for somebody who watches Ebay religously for MECCG stuff. 8)

Ted
Yes but he's international. I'd hate to see shipping rates.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”