Gamex 2024 in Los Angeles, CA

Red Arrow

Let's play at Gamex 2024 in Los Angeles, CA. aka Strategicon on Memorial Day weekend.
Come join us at the Hilton LAX to play MECCG! Get to play Arda (Hero), Dark Arda (Minion), Constructed and challenge decks as well. There will also be MECCG 101 for beginners and returning fans.

Gamex convention runs from May 24-27. MECCG events happen on Saturday and Sunday. Check out Strategicon.net for convention details.

Let's get ready to Muster!
Attachments
th-4274881722.jpg
th-4274881722.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Red Arrow

Just got back from Gamex 2024 (Strategicon Conventions) and met friends for MECCG. We got there Friday night and parking was hard but we finally found one after several go arounds!
Saturday morning was MECCG 101 and we had the player made 'Redbook of Middle earth' decks ready for anyone willing to learn the game. We ended up playing casual constructed games among ourselves. At 1pm we played a game of Arda. From the first turn we saw Splitfire losing his wizard, Pallando, to corruption after playing a wizard' s ring. A few turns later I had Saruman using spells effectively but after using True Fana he too succumbed to corruption, ahhhrrrrghhh! It was almost a game with the last wizard standing!
Before the Arda game we met a player from February that attended the MECCG 101, he liked the game but it was a lot more complex than he initially expected, card availability was also a problem for him.
During the Arda event we had people that Jerod Basher and GoblinKing met from Friday night playing the LOTR LCG. They were surprised to see us playing MECCG, a game they haven't seen since the late Nineties. Even after the game someone came to us who were curious about the desk mats we had but wanted to ask info about the MECCG which he hasn't seen before.
Sunday morning Chris and GoblinKing were up early playing Dream Card decks by 9 am. By 1pm everyone was there playing regular constructed, dreamccards and even the teaching decks. I played a game vs Splitfire who had a balrog deck while I used, ahem an Alatar Challenge deck. Needless to say it didn't go well. On a scouting trip to Bree while waiting for the arrival of Alatar, Elladan (who was accompanying Elrond) died after facing drakes and dragons. While alone in Bree he got attacked by three minion trolls (CVCC) he survived the attack but was wounded and had to return to Rivendell. I was forced to play resources down south as the BAlrog forces was ransacked Bree and Dunland. the final score was 19 to 54. Ouch1 I had no chance.
I got to play against Tradewindrider who had a hero constructed deck. I faired a little better using my Alatar challenge deck but he still won by about 4 points. Most of our greater items were the same and he got them out before I did.
My last game was with Chris he had DC decks and I had the Alatar challenge deck lol. So we decided to have a match using the teaching decks from Redbook of Middle Earth! He won the game by 1 point. Those teaching decks can be just as challenging. We lost Gloin, Balin, Galdor and even Merry. Chris was happy to play those decks again. He hasn't played them for years LOL.
All in all there were 8 players that Sunday afternoon playing 2-3 rounds of MECCG. Life is good!
I won't be back doing Strategicon:Gateway 2024 in September since most of us in California are going to Muster for Middle-Earth in Santa Clara, CA in the Bay area. For that event I say...LET'S GET READY TO MUSTER!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”