CoE 2021-2023 Elections - Nominate Yourself Here!

CDavis7M

the JabberwocK wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:19 pm Hello everyone!

As previously announced, in March we will seat a new Council of Elrond for the 2019-2021 2021-2023 term. This topic is now open to anyone who is interested in being a member of the 2019-2021 2021-2023 Council. If you have an interest in serving MECCG as an acting Council Member, please:

- Make a post in this topic introducing yourself and tell us something about your past involvement with MECCG and how you see yourself being involved in the future. Please make sure to read our current Charter found here prior to posting.

If anyone has questions for a candidate, please ask them in this topic and the candidate may respond here. For all other questions or posts that are not a candidate nomination or a question for a specific candidate, please post them in this sister topic: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3515

Our Council needs forward-thinking individuals who have a passion and love for MECCG! If this is you and you have some amount of time to contribute, please consider nominating yourself!

Leading Forward,

Gavin aka "the Jabberwock", acting Council Chairman
II. Method of Election to the Council:

a) Electorate: Each individual member of the active player’s community, as defined by membership of the Council of Elrond community discussion platform (currently: councilofelrond.org/forum), will have the right to cast votes in this election.

b) Procedure: All candidates will be listed on the Council of Elrond forum. The Chairman will be responsible for organizing the election and creating the polling topic or delegating another willing Council member to complete this task. An independent non-Council member will be selected by the Council to audit the final vote results to ensure they are accurate.

The Chair and current Council will endeavor to find ten or more candidates within the time frame of two months after the announcement of elections. If nine or more people run for election, then voting will be held to fill the eight vacancies. Each voting constituent of the forum will vote for two less candidates than the total number who run for election. (ie. If ten people run, then each voting member will vote for eight candidates, etc.) If exactly six, seven, or eight people run for election, then all of those who run will be appointed to the new Council, and no voting will be held. If less than six people run, then appointment of a new council will be postponed until a time that a minimum of six active candidates can be found.
Last edited by CDavis7M on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
CDavis7M

I made sure to read our current Charter found here prior to posting.

I'm a Charter reader getting this ball rolling down to sea.
CDavis7M

Sauron wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:54 pm Weren't CoE Elections supposed to be held like a month or two ago?
Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:40 pm You want to run for CoE? then you've got extra time to prepare your statement :D
They were delayed a bit to simultaneously present a new CoE charter (see CoE board on that). There have been some discussions, so it took a while longer. We could host them now, but I guess september is better, if you actually expect some votes to come in.
thorondor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm i think we can start with asking for candidates now. then have the election at the beginning of september.
just waiitng for a confirmation for this year´s worlds, then i am ready to send out something.
CDavis7M

viewtopic.php?f=140&t=1037
Darksatin wrote: 2009-2010 COE Election
Post by Darksatin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 am

The members of the Council of Elrond are elected for one year, from March to March...
So, I think it's the time for the 2009 Election ?
thorondor wrote:Post by thorondor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 am

you are right, we should get active soon ...

wanna volunteer to run, dominique? being the ambassador for the scenario players of the community ;-)
Darksatin wrote:Post by Darksatin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 am

So, still no news after one month...
Is the Council dead ?
Sauron wrote: Post by Sauron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Yes the council is dead.
thorondor wrote:Post by thorondor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:12 am

well, i dont think thats true.
looks like mark is not available at the moment, and the rest of the COE is waiting for the head to get things started (not done).
but its true: it looks like its dead - which is not good.

the first act to start a new COE session is to elect the next chairman. i will try to get this done now as soon as possible ...
CDavis7M

Twelfth Session: January 2012 – February 2017
Eric Dane, Netherlands, Chairman
Wolfgang Penetsdorfer, Austria, Vice-Chairman
Marcos Caceres, Argentina
Nico Willinek, Germany
Karsten Gerland, Germany
Christoph Schürmann, Germany
Christian Jentgens, Switzerland
Dominic Kempf, Germany
Mikko Vihtemäki, Finland
CDavis7M

No rush but please nominate yourself for the 2023-2052 Council as well.

I nominate the following cards to the Council, not counting against the hazard limit:

USERNAME POSTS WEBSITE JOINED
Umagaurthepale 3 Sun May 12, 2013 3:38 pm
Itangast_ahunt 3 Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 pm
peril returned 3 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Return to “Discarded”